Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Price in the future?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think the price of the Model 3 will increase in a year, decrease, or stay the same? The price isn’t too steep right now, and the 5,000 miles of free supercharging is a great deal, and I’m trying to decide when to purchase the car

The prices have been bouncing up and down every few weeks, so I’ll make the prediction that a year from now they will not stay the same. Will they go up or down...who knows. Even Elon probably has no idea what he will do a year from now.

The only prediction I will make is that the $35K SR model will never go below $35K, and will likely not be around a year from now.

I think a universal axiom applies here... "The only constant in the world is change."

If you think the vehicle is priced well for you, with the features and functions you desire, at a time when it's fiscally feasible for you, then I'd say jump on it.

Everyone's personal situation is different, so it's hard for any of us to advise you on whether to do it now... but the one piece of advice I can offer is to not worry about what others pay for their Model 3. If the vehicle is right for you, it's right.

I bought mine last month. I did the math and the time was right for me. If someone comes along and gets a different price next month, well, good for them. It doesn't change the math on my vehicle at all - it was the right vehicle when I signed for it, and will remain so. What others pay has zero bearing on that.

The 5000 miles isn't worth that much - based on roughly 4 miles / kwh, it's worth 1250 kwh in a Modl 3, which would cost around 22c / kwh, so maybe $250 - $300. Nice to have as a freebie, but maybe not something to influence a $45000 decision...

As for whether the price will go up, no idea - my decison is based on the price now compared to the alternatives and although it is expensive (and this is the first new car I've ever bought), I think it is the best option.

• Informative
Reactions: alexGS
I mean, there will be used ones more widely available in a couple years. Certainly after the Model Y production ramps up. So the price of entry will go down, even if the price of a new car has gone up.

Not that I would advise waiting for that, unless even the SR is not presently affordable (bearing in mind the federal/state incentives and lack of gas and etc.).

The 5000 miles isn't worth that much - based on roughly 4 miles / kwh, it's worth 1250 kwh in a Modl 3, which would cost around 22c / kwh, so maybe $250 - $300. Nice to have as a freebie, but maybe not something to influence a $45000 decision...

As for whether the price will go up, no idea - my decison is based on the price now compared to the alternatives and although it is expensive (and this is the first new car I've ever bought), I think it is the best option.
SC costs me $0.28 - $0.31.
$0.22 is cheap.

Hello everyone, I recently got 2 model 3. One dual motor and one performance. Please note you have 100 miles to let the delivery team know your problems. Well thats what i was told by my sales person. So far i have problems with my performance model. :(

Heads up prices seem to have fallen over the past weekend. We ordered a Blue Model 3 RWD LR aero wheels which was priced at $48500 last Thursday but today we switched to a red rwd LR with sport wheels for $49K. We don't know what the blue RWD LR aero priced reduced to. Maybe Tesla car prices follow the stock market trends?

Agree with most comments above. A lot of people know the best time to buy a car from Traditional dealership is end of the year/quarter, but not many people can do that due to variety of reasons.

If you can afford to wait, I predict end of June you will see significant saving from the higher end models. I highly doubt 35k standard range can get any cheaper. Also, it's not just the price, Tesla might throw in some perks such as 19" wheel, different color upgrade to entice you to buy.

The ONLY risk (if you can afford to wait) I see here is Tesla's unproven ability to deliver on time. So, perhaps order by early June and push delivery out a little to near end of the month. If there is any significant change in price, you can take advantage of it.

By end of June, I predict the following:

35k model, no discount.
39.5k SR+, possible discount, color/wheel upgrade
Any higher trim, likely discount, color upgrade, etc.

If you take stock inventory with some mileage, even cheaper.

Regardless what you do, get prepared for electrified life.

Reactions: Mr X
Agree with most comments above. A lot of people know the best time to buy a car from Traditional dealership is end of the year/quarter, but not many people can do that due to variety of reasons.

If you can afford to wait, I predict end of June you will see significant saving from the higher end models. I highly doubt 35k standard range can get any cheaper. Also, it's not just the price, Tesla might throw in some perks such as 19" wheel, different color upgrade to entice you to buy.

The ONLY risk (if you can afford to wait) I see here is Tesla's unproven ability to deliver on time. So, perhaps order by early June and push delivery out a little to near end of the month. If there is any significant change in price, you can take advantage of it.

By end of June, I predict the following:

35k model, no discount.
39.5k SR+, possible discount, color/wheel upgrade
Any higher trim, likely discount, color upgrade, etc.

If you take stock inventory with some mileage, even cheaper.

Regardless what you do, get prepared for electrified life.

Sure, but waiting until late June has serious risk of losing half of the Federal tax credit. I'd rather take a known $1875 off the table than "hopes and wishes" for some nebulous discount and anxiety.

The prices have been bouncing up and down every few weeks, so I’ll make the prediction that a year from now they will not stay the same. Will they go up or down...who knows. Even Elon probably has no idea what he will do a year from now.

The only prediction I will make is that the $35K SR model will never go below $35K, and will likely not be around a year from now.

I will think the same way - the 35K SR will no longer offer after this quarter if they sell good. The reason is off menu is Tesla can control to sell you or not.