Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple more screen grabs from the new video

At the end of the video when they drive by it, theres something that looks like a microphone mounted on the right side of the driver seat

blue_tm3_track_20170602.JPG

blue_tm3_track_20170602b.JPG

This one is license plate 87E

Reactions: EinSV

At the end of the video when they drive by it, theres something that looks like a microphone mounted on the right side of the driver seat

View attachment 229394

View attachment 229395

The trunk looks more cavernous than the tiny one shown at the reveal. Would make sense considering the Model 3s at the Unveil were AWD while the RCs being produces are RWD. (no front motors taking up space)

Look at the unveil one and how far the felt goes as compared to the Release candidates.

OygHN9q.jpg

But like we've all hopefully come to understand that camera angles/lens can play tricks on our eyes.

I wonder if the frunk is bigger because that is a RWD model? (I know, they nerfed the frunk on the RWD Model S now!)

Good thing they got it running again, I was ready to cancel my reservation and SELL! SELL! SELL! ;)
It only makes sense from a production and parts point of view to make the frunk parts same between dual motor and single motor. Yes, frunk room is sacrificed but its all about production efficiency and cost unfortunately.

Reactions: sigmo32
The trunk looks more cavernous than the tiny one shown at the reveal. Would make sense considering the Model 3s at the Unveil were AWD while the RCs being produces are RWD. (no front motors taking up space)

Look at the unveil one and how far the felt goes as compared to the Release candidates.

View attachment 229396

But like we've all hopefully come to understand that camera angles/lens can play tricks on our eyes.
I believe the inner liner and trim pieces are not installed, so most likely looks much larger than it really is.

Interestingly if you look at the white one at 100% size, it looks like the driver isn't really paying attention to the road because he's looking/tapping at something on the middle screen.
Depends on how long he's looking. I sometimes tap on my navigation screen too bring up the upcoming turns/exits, but only for a split second and when it's safe to do so.

Didn't get a photo (happened way too fast) but I had my own first Model 3 sighting Friday evening in Mountain View (Grant Rd and El Camino near Hwy 237). A red one that looked to be the same color as the one in the video doing track testing recently. Didn't get the license plate or anything either - passed me going opposite direction. But was still cool to see one "in the wild". Hopefully will see another at some point.

Reactions: melindav

View attachment 229394

View attachment 229395

Interesting, re: microphone. And the video had them driving around but did not seem to be pushing it? So perhaps doing some noise/vibration monitoring. The activity with the cases on the ground and in the frunk might be test equipment.