Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1283.PNG
Release candidate

• Informative
Reactions: 1208
I spotted one on my way from work yesterday. Unfortunately it took some time before I realized it was a model 3 and at that point I didn't have much road left, so I got up next to it try to get a peek of the interior, and it goes out of view.

I like how you can tell the exact moment when you realized it was a Model 3. Get out of the way car!

There was fairly recent change on the S (not sure about the X) where there is now just a single rear caliper and believe the parking brake is integrated into the rear caliper itself. This only applied to non-performance variants as they still have the separate caliper for the parking brake. Not sure if that will eventually change as can't imagine what difference there is between the performance and non-performance variants as believe they still use the same size brake setup.

All pictures far as I recall we have seen of the 3 only show single rear caliper.

Exactly. It is the shape of the caliper that is interesting. Assume it is dual funtion like the current S rears. Why is there a big hole in the middle of it?