Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ignoring the giant bundle of testing wires coming out the back. If you zoom in doesn't it look like there's a slot for which the screen can tilt? Or am I just making things up like the rest of us :)
It's so the screen can tilt all the way back and lie flatly on the dashboard to serve as a HUD. Notice how the text for SHANGHAI KELLY'S on the screen is displayed backwards? That's so when the screen is tipped, text reflected off the windshield will be displayed correctly (like that ECNALUBMA sign seen in your rearview mirror).

It's so the screen can tilt all the way back and lie flatly on the dashboard to serve as a HUD. Note how the text for SHANGHAI KELLY'S on the screen is displayed backwards. That's so when the screen is tipped, text reflected off the windshield will be displayed correctly (like that ECNALUBMA sign seen in your rearview mirror).
Ok. That's going to have to be the final reference to HUD.

All future references to HUD needs to spell it backwards. Duhhhhhh.

I think it's just perspective messing with you. Like in this photo, the white looks low, sleek and well proportioned.
-Bk7GJV3gt27sUlKFbDF8dIxRD7ogRG8XK8pgvHRKZPws8sKaubSsqkvL8-uCIXOLZrQ9MKYJUJTR2dsbH_9Xz9KXz2N7JpTWsjG1HWmh38jzJzhA_pCdZxXG4uMUDAKx4Nhzxg13k9KNngR3ArxcN3KEx7Ezxx4zCuyjBApCzaefJJY9PAh4jyDNpz4fTGz1tldszwiAG9-QUNiwlpY8HGreunHlz79Jc_JXvmuHFXRxK9txDxSEjfsFMKnweXbnI-VhEECaKUutK_VJe-tTw4NHCX4GZqlRfbpY5isrsOfmsfm9m_qeZ7DfY6eiQGzEMRwllkyysI6M5kTtSo3sZ_SI-7x5Jjtv7TkLPFTxdUSh9ZigoeADGoXfgB0vWFeNfyxWL43RFnHtg0eYQPtlUXccw9HRkXIsWyoNFUxyM_vBlehIBaK4ZF572WAsqE2dcFivmgtXaaPyRMnuHt2PSuJd_uU3ZkiEZkNcK5fWZt7j4N0_OMfP6GhlCdNffAaFNJwAT8LsY0dPgGG0SFIz7BN33hCUVP5tBkj3aMkNd0kbf_LecP9Yx0wBN636_K_Bwt0v08Ti9EEPraNNeURGpShk64-ZvJ0lPTFGg8mhHhOw6xytYRCtyab6VnEdClGR8ZRfy7kciQe-H8oX3TZ3ZnVU2TBc3Y_OqDpgVBacpc=w1080-h665-no

(But it is next to a top heavy looking SUV)
Absolutely Beautiful.

What in the world is that genius on the moped looking at? Does he know that a Model 3 is in front of him?

And how about the guy looking at the dress in the window?

Where was this picture taken?

• Funny
Reactions: dndcruz
Mostly perspective, but the black and white cars have different wheels and the offsets are different. The rear wheels on the white car are too far inset making it look awkward and narrow. Even the black car the wheels seem inset too far. Not sure if they are doing that for aerodynamic reasons or something else, but I'll definitely be installing spacers or different wheels with less offset to make them more flush with the wheel well.

Plus the 3 has shorter overhangs at the front and rear compared to the S and coupled with the more "bubble" back window on the 3 gives the impression of being narrower. I bet the 3 is slightly more narrow, but the height to width ratio of the 3 skews it more than it really is.
I think the rear wheels look inset if you are looking at the car from the front.

However looking at the car from the rear reveals that the rear tires can almost be seen because the rear bumper tucks itself in so fast at the bottom.

Perhaps the "Signature Red" M3 is not the fore runner of a reward color, but the gold "T" logo on the trunk will be. That would be an inexpensive yet unique and identifiable mark of acknowledgment. Of course anyone who comes on board later can just wrap/paint/plate a gold colored logo.

Perhaps the "Signature Red" M3 is not the fore runner of a reward color, but the gold "T" logo on the trunk will be. That would be an inexpensive yet unique and identifiable mark of acknowledgment. Of course anyone who comes on board later can just wrap/paint/plate a gold colored logo.
And probably disappoint most everyone. Gold emblems are/were tacky in my opinion and has been out of style (if it ever really was in style) I think in the 90s.

Reactions: Big-T
I think the rear wheels look inset if you are looking at the car from the front.

However looking at the car from the rear reveals that the rear tires can almost be seen because the rear bumper tucks itself in so fast at the bottom.
But if you look at the top of the wheel well and the tire sidewall from either front or back, it is definitely inset good inch or so. Looks awful like someone who bought cheap wheels from second hand store with wrong offsets. Of course looks are subjective and most people don't even care or notice. I'm not one of those people. :p

Reactions: T34ME