Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not weird really. They have no other choice making it smaller because of the expansive rear glass sheet.

View attachment 229711

I think the people at Tesla understand the glass roof both looks better and like you said looks small. But people get outraged if they don't have one. And more importantly people would get even more outraged if they don't listen to the masses.

But I agree with you. Why bother.

I think the reason is simple. In order to be able to charge for an option. It looks like a differentiator between the S and the 3, the S has glass roof standard, it's an option on the 3.

Is there less road noise in the one with a metal roof?

Are pleasant conversations easier?
having a convertible, I can tell you much more road noise comes from the sides than overhead. Its easier to have a conversation and/or hear the radio with the top down and windows up than top up and windows down.
So with that said, I don't think such a small roof area would make a difference if it's glass or metal with a liner.

Very nice; this might be my color/wheel/roof choice. I prefer the solid metal roof over my head.
MKjatWa.jpg

Reactions: 22522
The folding mirror pic is of an early prototype car, not the recent RCs. So still no guarantee that the productions versions will have folding mirrors
How does one tell the difference between RC and Alpha? The most obvious one I can think of is the AP2 camera in the side Tesla badge that makes it bulge out. The picture doesn't have that so it's most likely the Alpha.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

It appears my and others concerns about the M3 headlights maybe valid. Although the "reflector" LED headlights (w/foglights on?) do a great job of illuminating immediately in front of the vehicle and to the sides, they don't reach far down the road, and low beams would easily be overdriven at highways speeds. Not good in my area, where deer often cross the highways at night. Maybe EAP will see beyond headlight range and detect/ avoid the road hazard before the deer comes crashing thru the low windshield:eek:

How does one tell the difference between RC and Alpha? The most obvious one I can think of is the AP2 camera in the side Tesla badge that makes it bulge out. The picture doesn't have that so it's most likely the Alpha.
that and if it has the mfr plates or the dummy 'Model 3' plate
Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 9.48.08 AM.png

it was being unloaded at the referral event this weekend - with multiple people watching it be moved from the trailer to the roped off view area.

It appears my and others concerns about the M3 headlights maybe valid. Although the "reflector" LED headlights (w/foglights on?) do a great job of illuminating immediately in front of the vehicle and to the sides, they don't reach far down the road, and low beams would easily be overdriven at highways speeds. Not good in my area, where deer often cross the highways at night. Maybe EAP will see beyond headlight range and detect/ avoid the road hazard before the deer comes crashing thru the low windshield:eek:
Looks like the headlight is off and only the fog light is on. Maybe they're testing if AP2 still works in the dark if the headlights are turned off?