Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP2 MS and MX both have the same sensor.
I never noticed mine in 6 months of ownership. I just confirmed, my AP2 car does indeed have a similar sensor.
sensor.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't expect that,BUT I was hoping there wouldn't be a cross bar separating the front glass from the rear. I'd guess that regardless of whether we eventually choose a panno roof or the fixed glass there will likely be a cross bar.....

Oh and of course (unlike every other manufacturer out there) there is no sliding shade to cover the glass.
zfBbHGQ.jpg
!

Tesla roofs are much more heavily tinted then that. Some people complain about the cold through it (although living in Montana I have not found it to be an issue) but too much sun is not a problem.

Did you notice how there was a piece of paper taped to the bottom of the display, with the tape running along the bottom edge?

I am guessing that was meant to be a cover, so that the paper could be flipped up and hide the display when necessary (e.g. when supercharging). I'm hoping the photographer didn't reach in an open window and flip down the paper.

Although it is interesting to read these scoops, I also think about the engineer who will get in trouble for not protecting the information. I also think it detracts from the reveal and gives other companies some advance intelligence and so in some way has a negative business effect.

Did you notice how there was a piece of paper taped to the bottom of the display, with the tape running along the bottom edge?

I am guessing that was meant to be a cover, so that the paper could be flipped up and hide the display when necessary (e.g. when supercharging). I'm hoping the photographer didn't reach in an open window and flip down the paper.

Although it is interesting to read these scoops, I also think about the engineer who will get in trouble for not protecting the information. I also think it detracts from the reveal and gives other companies some advance intelligence and so in some way has a negative business effect.
Yes it will definitely speed up the schedule on their M3-killer press releases :D

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW
Can we stop with this thought process that these leaks aren't intentional?

Here, I present to you the only thing you need to see when it comes to the motivation behind leaking facts pointing to the most important product in the history of your company being available when promised:

Tesla Inc: NASDAQ:TSLA quotes & news - Google Finance

The leaks are intentional, and they are having their intended effect.

A 75kwh RWD MS gets 249 miles of range so 310 miles of range for a 75kwh M3 seems entirely reasonable. It's only a 25% difference in efficiency. For a rough comparison the Audi A4 is 29% more efficient than the A7. Size matters!

But why are we assuming a 75kwh battery? Isn't it just a 60kwh at first? In that case 310miles of range is probably a bit high.

We really have no idea what the 95 miles means anyway. They could have scaled it to anything they wanted. Perhaps they don't know the EPA number is yet.

People who are using the current rate of charging to signify anything at all probably don't currently own a Tesla. That number flies all over the place. Using the SOC and just scaling it up is much much more accurate. It doesn't actually require the fancy photo shopping either. A ruler or even just a 2 pieces of paper is plenty as the angle it's viewed at doesn't matter.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
I didn't expect that,BUT I was hoping there wouldn't be a cross bar separating the front glass from the rear. I'd guess that regardless of whether we eventually choose a panno roof or the fixed glass there will likely be a cross bar.....

Oh and of course (unlike every other manufacturer out there) there is no sliding shade to cover the glass.
L7KItZedBMUfQmU6n99dmc5NGjSPD6nst0R5UVGeTiqbplDF5dtxcd4Ogirl5vPDjEcs1wVCC1ui5OGtIyid201uDkw3NRMH9EX7VTpmPrQbOlmmpdDH4Y3BhX-0xjV5XU49WjuaPS2fyP5tx32CrMhziDpHOrgWI16UX5RCffJ8M3JImjHrdvWefNhsznDL1K2JgNaOHeqvBn7gKeLzCt3fgjIO9JgZivfCiy8WDeeq2xMHJuANEdkjgWGwEn2gT_K8UP6iiMPiRMhaE5DR5D0D8FJXE4aK0WZCAxkseMUsCHM6DasGYq57aCSqPB-sGM5EGFG1gUiwM_mbviufZsZUR2mJtA0zOeGrXZQL-00IlK0XIrkdRmuO0PbNy1hRSo_HWmY6w3o3sKeMGmGQGky3t2vnfFqL0ISzjZGpLtouYCcMt-m2a0DDbAvxsZySuXCHvk5THte4JxnKbvOIpxw74OudoLdeB1-P7WUVNxwGHaNndpVWO2q7PMxiSbmNPdc3rKAYJDHm3YKqL-JlRmRkgzj32fHhdAQmJv2p6nNVtFqUt24xqP6UAHAH2TgJNnAJEPLZeNF_TAJohdf6y9cASnbe0GiNyjRrK54CK-2QWCf3KVrnNIONina4u-5b5nm-fuId_gtXIdlSvAhzdkzep4iZgSP-_V_X_Kjhk4o=w1200-h900-no

I really hope that isn't going to be happening to my kids in the summer
zfBbHGQ.jpg
!

zfBbHGQ

My biggest worry. Chill effect in winter due to glass. It does block Ir/UV radiation, but not conduction.

If those front seats are adjusted to normal seating position then windshield is way too far away to see
traffic light up above you.

Can we stop with this thought process that these leaks aren't intentional?

Here, I present to you the only thing you need to see when it comes to the motivation behind leaking facts pointing to the most important product in the history of your company being available when promised:

Tesla Inc: NASDAQ:TSLA quotes & news - Google Finance

The leaks are intentional, and they are having their intended effect.
I think that that is related to China factory rumour.

Hopefully that's just an id card or something else. Sure, it sounds cools but I don't think a key card would be very practical as a key fob. You couldn't carry it like a normal fob, you'd most likely have it in your wallet which would make it harder to get to when you needed to open the trunk or frunk from outside. I'd rather have a regular fob like the S and X.

I'm thinking Tesla badge to get in/out of buildings.

Reactions: dsvick