Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Rear Ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the repair quote a few days ago. $13,248 for the repair but no time frame has been given.

I am hoping that the accident does not go on the cars record. If it does ill have to go through the trouble of filing for a diminished value claim.

I did get a chance to check out the facility that is doing the repair and I have no doubt that it will be done correctly and in high quality. They were doing some impressive work there.

It will definitely be on the cars record as it should for future buyers information. Even if it didn't the seller should always disclose any accident.

Not yet. Still waiting on parts. Car has not been touched as far as I know.

Small update while im here. The guy that hit me was uninsured as it turns out. So that's a whole ordeal...

Going to probably have to go to court to get the diminished value done.

The a holes driving shite boxes running into expensive new cars are pretty much always uninsured. Ask me how I know.

Then to add insult to injury he will get a slap on the wrist and be able to keep driving while you spend months digging out from the mess he caused.

You can’t get blood out of a rock so good luck with court but I hope it does work out for you.

The a holes driving shite boxes running into expensive new cars are pretty much always uninsured. Ask me how I know.

Then to add insult to injury he will get a slap on the wrist and be able to keep driving while you spend months digging out from the mess he caused.

You can’t get blood out of a rock so good luck with court but I hope it does work out for you.

He was actually driving a decent car. He even provided me with insurance paperwork. The insurance company says he canceled it so he was not actually insured at the time even though his paperwork said he was.

I am not letting a slap on the wrist go. I will take the guy to court and I will win what is mine. I am not about to be one of the ones that gets screwed by an uninsured motorist. At the very least I will not let him get off easily. I am going to make it hell for him as it has been for me.

I feel your pain....my car got rear ended today and caused me to hit the car in front of me....it looks as if the guy who hit me has no insurance either.... What kind of time-frame did your repair shop give you? I waiting to hear from mine tomorrow......

Attachments

• 20180827_111437.jpg
    20180827_111437.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 20180827_115219.jpg
    20180827_115219.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20180827_111359.jpg
    20180827_111359.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 85
I feel your pain....my car got rear ended today and caused me to hit the car in front of me....it looks as if the guy who hit me has no insurance either.... What kind of time-frame did your repair shop give you? I waiting to hear from mine tomorrow......

I got no actual time frame. Was just told they are working on getting the parts. Its Tesla that is lagging. The body shop will do the work as soon as Tesla supplies the parts.

Ugh this is absurd. These people need to not be allowed to drive. Makes me nervous to drive my car. Another model 3 rear ended before it even gets its plates.

He was actually driving a decent car. He even provided me with insurance paperwork. The insurance company says he canceled it so he was not actually insured at the time even though his paperwork said he was.

I am not letting a slap on the wrist go. I will take the guy to court and I will win what is mine. I am not about to be one of the ones that gets screwed by an uninsured motorist. At the very least I will not let him get off easily. I am going to make it hell for him as it has been for me.
Unfortunately any money in a retirement account or a house with a homestead exemption is out of bounds. You’d have to run financials to see what other assets are there. Hopefully you have uninsured motorist coverage for car damage. Do you have a police report? Lying to the police is perjury. If the courts decide to they can jail him for a few days though I think that’s unlikely. If local media like it as a filler story that’s maybe your best chance of him getting a fine.

Unfortunately any money in a retirement account or a house with a homestead exemption is out of bounds. You’d have to run financials to see what other assets are there. Hopefully you have uninsured motorist coverage for car damage. Do you have a police report? Lying to the police is perjury. If the courts decide to they can jail him for a few days though I think that’s unlikely. If local media like it as a filler story that’s maybe your best chance of him getting a fine.

I did not file a report as everyone seemed to have their documents in order (mistake I now know, was my first accident). I was not the one driving so my insurance is not involved. It was actually a Tesla employee that was driving at the time. We were on a test drive during a service center visit. I was assured by the manager there that everything would be taken care of, however so far its been a less than ideal experience.

I don't want him jailed. Accidents happen. I want compensation for my cars loss of value. Jail time wont get me that.

I did not file a report as everyone seemed to have their documents in order (mistake I now know, was my first accident). I was not the one driving so my insurance is not involved. It was actually a Tesla employee that was driving at the time. We were on a test drive during a service center visit. I was assured by the manager there that everything would be taken care of, however so far its been a less than ideal experience.

I don't want him jailed. Accidents happen. I want compensation for my cars loss of value. Jail time wont get me that.
Even if the other driver is at fault your insurance will cover damages and sue him if they think they can recover. Your empathy is admirable but the guy was driving without insurance. There’s a reason it’s a law. If he’s not carrying insurance I’m going to go out on a limb and say he probably doesn’t have recoverable assets.

Reactions: adaptabl
Even if the other driver is at fault your insurance will cover damages and sue him if they think they can recover. Your empathy is admirable but the guy was driving without insurance. There’s a reason it’s a law. If he’s not carrying insurance I’m going to go out on a limb and say he probably doesn’t have recoverable assets.

Its up to Tesla and their insurance to go after him. I was not driving, just a passenger. A service tech was driving at the time. I have already gone to my insurance and they did all they could do. They are not going to pay out or take any legal action since I was not driving which is understandable.

Dont worry I will go after him and get what I need. I just have to go through Tesla to do it which is not the easiest thing to get done.

Its up to Tesla and their insurance to go after him. I was not driving, just a passenger. A service tech was driving at the time. I have already gone to my insurance and they did all they could do. They are not going to pay out or take any legal action since I was not driving which is understandable.

Dont worry I will go after him and get what I need. I just have to go through Tesla to do it which is not the easiest thing to get done.
Insurance follows the car. If my sister wrecks my car my insurance pays (subject to her being licensed, etc, etc) unless the other party is at all and is insured. I had a car wrecked by another driver. Their insurance was disputing claim. My insurance paid and took them to court. Diminished value I had to sue her (though her insurance was liable but technically you sue the person) and they had to pay because I received judgment. Anyway, hope Tesla fixes your car.

Insurance follows the car. If my sister wrecks my car my insurance pays (subject to her being licensed, etc, etc) unless the other party is at all and is insured. I had a car wrecked by another driver. Their insurance was disputing claim. My insurance paid and took them to court. Diminished value I had to sue her (though her insurance was liable but technically you sue the person) and they had to pay because I received judgment. Anyway, hope Tesla fixes your car.

Thats very interesting. Tesla has taken responsibility of the accident insurance wise. I am going to let them do their thing since they offered. What is nice is they provided a MS loaner for the entire time I have been out of a car. Dont think my insurance would have done that.

Maybe its the type of insurance Tesla has that follows their drivers so thats why they say my car was covered under them at the time?

Reactions: Dana1