TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Recommendation Poll

Discussion in 'Australia' started by smithy, Sep 23, 2019.

?

Now you have your model 3 in Australia, would you:

1. Recommend it to your friends and everyone else

18 vote(s)
    94.7%
  2. Recommend it but with reservations

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Not recommend it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. smithy

smithy Member

Sorry for those still waiting, but hopefully you'll be able to vote soon too.

• Like x 1
  2. Icey

Icey Member

#2 Icey, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Whoa! Calm down it’s only been less than a month, most people less than a week. The honeymoon period is not over.
    Wait until you have to deal with lines at supercharges because they can’t deploy them fast enough (Looking at you AusNet) or when trying to get a warranty job takes 2 months because they are understaffed.
    Don’t get me wrong, I love my Tesla, but most M3 owners have no idea what frustrations are yet to come.
    With all the little issues they have with M3 (paint work for example) they will fix under warranty, however they have no loan cars anymore while it gets fixed for 4-5 days.

Would I buy another Tesla? Yes, but some people are expecting a little too much from a company that puts Australia 6-7th place on the list.

3. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

Dear o bother - I really am getting *horse* there are no supercharger lines and won't be any more than the a-u-t-o-moblie crowded out the mangers.
    Service - doesn't need any; forget the bloody paint. It will go splat on your first prang anyhow.

• Like x 4
  4. smithy

smithy Member

So we run another poll in 6 months.

I'm thinking of another poll question....did you go over all your previous cars with a fine tooth comb when taking delivery? What do you think, so we run that poll?

• Like x 3
  5. Hairyman

Hairyman Member

I think that point shouts pretty loud.

6. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Doesn't use petrol, doesn't have an engine, instant response, regen braking, internet connected, self-driving, app-connected, silent but faster than V8.
    But there's a blemish on 1cm of paint?? CANCEL ORDER!!!

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 3
  7. Zilla

Zilla Member

You can hoon it around without drawing bad attention from disgruntled onlookers.

Best, safest and fastest car I ever owned. And it's the SR+

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  8. stedes

stedes Member

I get your point regarding small issues vs bigger picture. I think most, if not all of us investing at this point do understand that. The other side of that coin though is this:
    If almost every car has little things here and there and then a number of cars throw up brake fluid warnings and airbag/restraint system faults on the way home from getting delivered how does that affect your confidence when you're driving around in a car that does 0-100 in 3.4s with your kids at the back?

I get cosmetic issues are fixable and bear no real consequence other than wasting customer/company time and money. The real question is does the high prevalence of cosmetic issues translate to similar quality issues which are not visible from the outside? I'm hoping not given the reliability of Model S/X.
    Food for thought.

9. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I don't think it does.
    I think Tesla makes safe, high tech cars, but is bad at painting them. I think they're different skillsets.

This is just my opinion, but from being on forums and being an owner for years my impression is that most problems are minor (eg. door handles, 3G connectivity, dodgy Spotify/podcasts, bad delivery/scratches/paint. I don't recall a single case in recent years when someone had a serious problem or safety issue with the car.

My own experience has been 3 door handle failures, some problems with a wall charger, and a modem problem. The car itself has been utterly reliable in 110,000kms, never missed a beat.

• Like x 2
  10. smithy

smithy Member

OK a few weeks have passed so time to bump this for a few more responses....

11. TASKA9

TASKA9 Member

Do the people who haven't got their car still not allowed to vote?

I mean, for me, I would choose second choice. buy it. would be the best car purchase decision of your life ... to date. but don't reserve the car unless you want to support the company without expecting any benefit. Do not expect any reasonable customer service. and do not expect the car is going to arrive as promised.