Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Toronto area. I placed my order online on Oct 1 for a SR+, and my account still shows the old version. However, I called my SA today and he confirmed I haven't been matched with a vehicle yet, and that it's scheduled to start production in about 2 weeks, and stated quite definitively that I will get a refreshed Model 3. Delivery is most likely by late Nov.

I'm wondering about the previous comment that SR+s won't receive the heat pump, which would suck, but I didn't ask him since I didn't think he'd have that level of detail anyway. If anyone has more info on this, that would be great.

I know there has been a lot of buzz around the 3 refresh. Someone else got an email from the Tesla store and the sales rep provided them with a list of all of the updates. I know a lot have already been documented, but here goes:

Interior Upgrades:
  • Sill plates are now satin black to match the exterior trim
  • Seat controls have a graphite finish and the scroll wheels on the steering wheel are metalized
  • The sun visors magnetically snap into place
  • Matte black replaces gloss black throughout the interior including the door release and window buttons
  • Redesigned center console featuring fixed inductive charging mats for two smartphones wrapped in luxurious micro suede
  • Updated front compartment with a sliding lid similar to in S and X
  • Two high-powered USB-C ports in the front compartment
  • Added a fifth USB port to Model 3, located in the glove compartment
  • Model Y heat pump added to Model 3
Exterior Upgrades:
  • Side repeaters, door handles, and bright work surrounding the windows have gone from chrome to satin black
  • The new 18” aero and 19” sport wheels have sharper edges
  • Model 3 Performance now sits on 20” Uberturbine wheel
  • Power lift gate

I know there has been a lot of buzz around the 3 refresh. Someone else got an email from the Tesla store and the sales rep provided them with a list of all of the updates. I know a lot have already been documented, but here goes:

Interior Upgrades:
  • Seat controls have a graphite finish and the scroll wheels on the steering wheel are metalized
  • Matte black replaces gloss black throughout the interior including the door release and window buttons
  • Redesigned center console featuring fixed inductive charging mats for two smartphones wrapped in luxurious micro suede
Exterior Upgrades:
  • Side repeaters, door handles, and bright work surrounding the windows have gone from chrome to satin black
  • Power lift gate
This is awesome. Thanks for posting!

Interior Upgrades:
Exterior Upgrades:
  • Power lift gate
This is really fantastic. Great changes all around, really. I'm so hoping the heat pump makes it into the SR+ as well. Part of me wishes I had saved a bit more cash and got the LR! Now just to wait for confirmation in the US that we'll be getting the 2021 version with current orders

Interior Upgrades:
Exterior Upgrades:
  • Power lift gate
No mention about heat pump?

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3 and MP3Mike

Interior Upgrades:
Exterior Upgrades:
  • Power lift gate

This is awesome. The Model 3 has matured nicely.

This is really fantastic. Great changes all around, really. I'm so hoping the heat pump makes it into the SR+ as well. Part of me wishes I had saved a bit more cash and got the LR! Now just to wait for confirmation in the US that we'll be getting the 2021 version with current orders

Same here! The more I think about it, the more it would make sense for an upgrade like the heat pump to replace the current HVAC system across all trims of the Model 3. I'm no expert in logistics/supply chains but I can't imagine it would make a whole lot of sense to keep both HVAC configurations in production, only to piss off customers with slightly less free cash flow.

In terms of the range gap widening, I think it likely has more to do with updated EPA ratings as opposed to material differences. At least on the Canadian website, it shows the exact range for both LR and P, but for SR+, it notes the number as an EPA est.

Interior Upgrades:
Exterior Upgrades:
  • Power lift gate
No mention of the front side laminated glass that is shown in the EPC.

For those who got their cars at the end of Sept but regret it, sucks to suck

Multiple hints that a refresh was coming; a Panasonic statement that battery will be 5% more dense; last year's data show that Q4 cars will be the 2021 model... yet they refuse to wait just a few more months and are now complaining