Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 refuses to wake up via app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like my car may be more like me than I thought. Ever since the last 2018.28 update, my Model 3 refuses to wake up via the app after 1 hour.

If I open one of the doors, she wakes up perfectly fine in the app, but only within a ~1 hour period. This makes pre-conditioning (and summon, to a certain degree) fairly useless to me. :/

On the bright side, vampire drain is basically gone completely now.

Any way to force wake up the Model 3 without physically opening up a door?

Same on 26.3. It seems to be an "either-or" thing with vampire drain or having the car more responsive. If that really is the case, I wish Tesla would give you the ability to manage power options like you can in desktop computers. Have the owner decide if vampire drain is worth a more responsive car or not.

Same on 26.3. It seems to be an "either-or" thing with vampire drain or having the car more responsive. If that really is the case, I wish Tesla would give you the ability to manage power options like you can in desktop computers. Have the owner decide if vampire drain is worth a more responsive car or not.
I agree, this setting would be nice. There are times during which I want to preserve battery to save a trip to a supercharger, and there are times when I'd rather have pre-conditioning/summon.

This morning would've been a perfect use for summon. I had to move my car to let a family member use the one behind. I could've used my dashcam's live view along with summon so I didn't have to get up from bed and rush to the parking lot.

I've been also having issues with wake-up via app in the past few days as well.

Software 28.2 / Running iOS 12 beta on iPhone X

Some suggestions/tips to help wake-up:
• Unlock/Lock car
• Toggle On/Off Bluetooth
• Force Close App and reopen

Also depends on long the car has been sleeping for and if it is in a "deep sleep" rather than a shorter sleep period.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Same... I think Tesla are messing with their servers personally. It was fine before that.

I agree, this definitely seems like a server side issue to me. I also noticed problems waking up my Model 3 via the app which started a few days ago. I was on 2018.26.3 when I first noticed the wake up/communication issue and the issue persists with 2018.32.2 which I just updated to yesterday. The fact that this started happening for all of us at the same time with a variety of vehicle software versions and it didn’t start immediately after installing a new update all point a problem on Tesla’s end.

There’s also a reddit thread about this problem: Model 3 wake up issue with 28.5 : teslamotors

One of the people in that thread said this:

I had to call Tesla today about something else and there's a message on the service line saying they're having issues with mobile app connectivity. Sounds like a global problem for all Teslas.
So it looks like Tesla is aware of the issue and they are working on a fix.