Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App nor octopus IO not waking up model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Never had a problem with Octopus charging until the last two nights. It started some charge periods, but not others, end result was it took two nights to do what it should have done in one. Not normally a problem, but I need to get to 100% on Saturday morning for a long drive, and I don't want to wake up and discover it has failed so will be reverting to manual control.

Just went to update my watch app and found this..

IMG_1690.png

IMG_1691.png

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Lots of breaking API changes of late. If the API consumer is not being actively maintained, then it is likely to fall foul of these changes.

The joys of accessing an unofficial API. Things can break without warning. Let’s see what the official API brings and how much it will cost to access.

Whether it is the cause of all of the above is unknown, but for less activity maintained services, quite possibly.

Lots of breaking API changes of late. If the API consumer is not being actively maintained, then it is likely to fall foul of these changes.

The joys of accessing an unofficial API. Things can break without warning. Let’s see what the official API brings and how much it will cost to access.

Whether it is the cause of all of the above is unknown, but for less activity maintained services, quite possibly.
Nothing to do with the API, it’s all to do with connectivity to wake the car up. Once the car is awake everything works fine

I'm not having any real issues waking my M3 using the app - Octopus IO seems to be completely broken though.

The car starts charging at 23:30 as soon as my Podpoint is enabled (via homeassistant automation). IO will notice and stop the car from charging if not in a slot, but is then unable to start the car charging again at the start of the next slot.

The only way to get reliable charging at the moment is to switch off the IO smart charging altogether...

I'm not having any real issues waking my M3 using the app - Octopus IO seems to be completely broken though.

The car starts charging at 23:30 as soon as my Podpoint is enabled (via homeassistant automation). IO will notice and stop the car from charging if not in a slot, but is then unable to start the car charging again at the start of the next slot.

The only way to get reliable charging at the moment is to switch off the IO smart charging altogether...
Seems to be a widespread issue. I started this thread, thought it was solved with the last software update but alas I am back where it started with IO useless! Anybody had success via a service request to Tesla?

Seems to be a widespread issue. I started this thread, thought it was solved with the last software update but alas I am back where it started with IO useless! Anybody had success via a service request to Tesla?
I am using Tessie and IO and I have experienced no issues as described above so the question is why are some people.
Waking the car was traditionally done via an SMS message. I assume that has not changed?
There was an issue in the past to do with waking that was down to a Spanish mobile network changing a protocol and the SMS to wake the cars was no longer working. No one ( including Tesla) could figure out why some cars ( including UK ones not just Spanish ones) weren't working and others were fine. it was not until the community twigged that those with a dutch eSIM were OK and those with a Spanish one were not that the issue was solved. And we only knew that based on the nationality of the averts we were getting on the youtube app 🤣

So the question is what is different about the cars that work and those that don't?
can we try to find anything common?
could it be the eSim version again? or the age? or model or submodel?

I am
MYLR late 2022
Tessie
OctopusIO

No connectivity issues at all so far
I don't know how to find out anything about the eSim is there a way to tell anything about it like what nationality it is or network it is on?