Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App nor octopus IO not waking up model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondered if I have a local issue or if others in the UK are having the same issue currently. The last 2 nights Octopus IO has not been able to charge the car as well as me not being able to wake the car via the app. Thanks

Both cars have been a bit lazy to wake up lately with my phone but fine with the Mrs phone. I dont use the cars with intelligent so cant comment on that.
I’ve noticed both of our cars are slow to wake up recently…

I’ve also noticed that in my app I’m getting an animated ‘glowing’ car that I’ve never seen before.
IMG_0344.jpeg

Only way to get a proper picture is to swipe to the other car and back again :confused:

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Just wondered if I have a local issue or if others in the UK are having the same issue currently. The last 2 nights Octopus IO has not been able to charge the car as well as me not being able to wake the car via the app. Thanks

Have had similar a couple of random times in the past. I default to logging out of account in Octopus app then logging back in again, a reboot of the car and a reboot of the power line range extenders taking the WiFi out to the car in such connectivity issue circumstances.

Reactions: Ikin
I had something vaguely similar last Sunday...car is left plugged in and the Hypervolt scheduled to start charging at 11:00 to take advantage of half-price electricity. This has worked perfectly for ages but last week the charge hadn't started when I checked on it, not 100% sure whether the charger or car at fault but simply opening the Tesla app kicked things into life, so suspect the car was the culprit.

This week the car was already awake and installing the update at 11:00 so don't know whether it would've been OK or not.

There are presently a lot of connectivity issues in the UK. I'm having a ton of problems with the connection just dropping out in locations of strong signal. My understanding of how Tesla tells a car to "wake up" if it's in sleep mode is via a message sent over the cellular connection. If you're having connectivity issues then it won't wake up (even if it's on wifi). I've also experienced the issue OP mentions as well. I'd not be surprised if this is a symptom of the underlying connectivity issues.

Last edited:
Yes exactly the same issue - slow to wake, regular complaints from Intelligent Octopus that it can’t control the car, no signal in areas of signal. In fact I raised a service request today for it. Good to know it’s not specific to my car!

As a fallback I always set the charge schedule to the start of the IO plan. At least that way I know it’ll be charged in the morning.

I have several scheduled "Starts" during Off Peak, in case it stops, or doesn't resume after a power cut, or I come home "late" etc.

At work I also have "Alert if less than X%" at various points - based on the %age I need, at that point in the day, to get to "full" by the time I leave. Work chargers periodically trip, so this means if charging has stopped I get an alert with time enough to go and sort it out

Hmm, I held off installing the latest firmware until Friday. I had an io charge planned to start at 10.30 for 2am trip to the airport.

When I went to manually charge my home battery at the same time I noticed the car hadn’t started charging which is unusual for me.

I manually started it and didn’t think any more about it. But now I’ve read this, it does make me wonder if the software update could be connected?

Been in literally 5 minutes so car is still awake but app took several minutes to connect to adjust the charge.

View attachment 1000480

I checked my TeslaFi logs for this period and a few others expecting to find several service unavailable or timeouts. Apart from one timeout in an unrelated period, looks like all API comms were fine and car was awake as expected.

Which adds credence to:
I think the latest app update may have some issues.