Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 release and testing

Are you comfortable with the Model 3 being shipped without Beta testing as is being discussed

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: Model 3 and Chewy3
I worked for GM in manufacturing. How about you?
Ok, what does in manufacturing mean? Not to be snobby, but not sure what you mean? By actual engineering in manufacturing for tooling or what? Or manufacturing, meaning you worked on the assembly line? I have 20+ years working for various Tier 1 suppliers as well as military and commercial chassis vehicle engineering.

Yes, my comment was bit tongue and cheek. I was not calling out anyone specifically, it's just the negativity and doom and gloom and "oh nooz, they are not doing any testing! It's going to be like the movie "Gung Ho" and wheels and parts are going to be falling off as the cars come off the production line." Nobody knows exactly what has or hasn't been tested. Just because no one has seen any physical cars being tested, doesn't mean they haven't been. If they are truly (and which I sincerely hope they are not) skipping or fast-tracking minimal testing and major problems happen, it will spell disaster for Tesla. I don't think they can take that risk with so much on the line.

Only time will tell us how this plays out.

Ok, what does in manufacturing mean? Not to be snobby, but not sure what you mean? By actual engineering in manufacturing for tooling or what? Or manufacturing, meaning you worked on the assembly line? I have 20+ years working for various Tier 1 suppliers as well as military and commercial chassis vehicle engineering.

Yes, my comment was bit tongue and cheek. I was not calling out anyone specifically, it's just the negativity and doom and gloom and "oh nooz, they are not doing any testing! It's going to be like the movie "Gung Ho" and wheels and parts are going to be falling off as the cars come off the production line." Nobody knows exactly what has or hasn't been tested. Just because no one has seen any physical cars being tested, doesn't mean they haven't been. If they are truly (and which I sincerely hope they are not) skipping or fast-tracking minimal testing and major problems happen, it will spell disaster for Tesla. I don't think they can take that risk with so much on the line.

Only time will tell us how this plays out.

I agree. They've got some top-notch people there who have a lot of experience in building great cars for the big 3 & Japanese transplants. This car has a lot more in common with a Toyota Camry than the S does: more steel, more conventional construction. And I imagine that they're relying more on qualified parts suppliers and doing less in-house. And finally, let's remember that the Model 3 is a much simpler car than the Camry - fewer parts and fewer failure points.

I'm confident that they're doing what has to be done. And I feel pretty positive that they're going to get a solid car out the door.