Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 removes from my Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if it has happened to any of you that have taken delivery, or maybe you know a fix. Took delivery of our model 3 yesterday. We paired both of our phones as keys, and everything was great. This morning went out to the car and the phone was not working. Went into the app and got a message saying the model 3 was no longer in our account? Anybody know a fix to this?

Call Tesla. Seriously. Unless their servers are having issues and it fixes itself, they need to look at it. And my car (not a 3) is there so unless it fixed itself in a bit, I’d call the support number. Especially for you folks who depend on it to use your car it’s a critical item for you.

I assume the card still works, so you do have that.

Reactions: SweetP
I would add that any time an app might be at fault, I suggest deleting the app, rebooting your phone and reinstalling the app.

We use iPads at work with specialized apps and every now and then an app misbehaves. After fresh installation the problem goes away on 90% of the ipads. The problem with the app can be huge or quite small. If nothing else, you know that you have done what you can on your end and Tesla may have to correct an error on their end.

Hope this helps,
Don

• Helpful
Reactions: SweetP
Curious if it has happened to any of you that have taken delivery, or maybe you know a fix. Took delivery of our model 3 yesterday. We paired both of our phones as keys, and everything was great. This morning went out to the car and the phone was not working. Went into the app and got a message saying the model 3 was no longer in our account? Anybody know a fix to this?
I am in the same boat. Models 3 picked up Friday. Today it was removed from app. Have a call into tesla with no response yet. My model S is still available in the app.

Just got a call from tesla. They say it is temporarily authorized for delivery and then access from the app is removed until they finish the paperwork. It could take up to 5 business days.

• Informative
Reactions: Shygar
Don't say anything. Don't voice your frustration or you will be marked as being negative.
It isn't that bad. :D

For UP to 5 days. My sister's car showed up on the app within 24 hours of taking delivery. They're erring on the side of caution by saying 5 days is my guess.
Ah that is good. I would be bummed not being able to access the vehicle remotely. Especially if I took delivery and it was chilly outside.

I did not notice it being removed at all from our app after delivery.

Actually, the phone waking the car has been a bit of a problem. Every time I walk near the garage the car wakes up, extends the mirrors, turning the lights, etc. Then after about 20-30 seconds it shuts down, waits a few seconds then wakes up again. it repeats this over and over. :confused:

I have to leave my phone in the house to work night garage now, which is a little annoying.

The Model S was similar in that it would wake when I went into the garage, but it did not do it over and over rapidly. Also, I can leave my car keys in the house easier than my phone.

Not sure how this is supposed to work with 3’s when there is no fob and the card has limited functionality. The phone (meaning appearing on your account) is how you are supposed to use the car. On the S and X an app is perhaps a ‘nice to have’. I think someone has screwed up the delivery process and doesn’t recognize the cars need to be in the account before delivery for 3’s.

Not sure how this is supposed to work with 3’s when there is no fob and the card has limited functionality. The phone (meaning appearing on your account) is how you are supposed to use the car. On the S and X an app is perhaps a ‘nice to have’. I think someone has screwed up the delivery process and doesn’t recognize the cars need to be in the account before delivery for 3’s.
The app wasn't available to my sister until after delivery. Until it became available, she used the card. It didn't bother her & she was happy when she got increased functionality.

Do you have the walk-up unlock disabled? I would suggest doing that if you haven't already to prevent this sort of thing.
Thanks. That fixed this issue completely.

On the Model S I left that on because otherwise the door handles take a while to open when I touch them (sometimes it takes several presses to register). On the Model 3 it does not seem necessary at all, since the door unlocks instantly when you push the handle to get the lever out.

Last edited: