Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Numbers do not seem to carry any information other than that they all seem to be 107* or 108*
No store correlation, no region correlation nothing. Having an IT background I assume they currently have 2 servers operating, one dishing out 107 numbers the other 108 numbers. Its a common practice to enable servers to handle high loads (like concert ticketing systems, etc.)

You just capture the info from the user, assign a unique number and store it somewhere (like high-througput queue system). Then other backend systems can process these reservations (in their own time) into actual reservations that hook up into your MyTesla account.

• Informative
Reactions: bredi and SureValla
You just capture the info from the user, assign a unique number and store it somewhere (like high-througput queue system). Then other backend systems can process these reservations (in their own time) into actual reservations that hook up into your MyTesla account.

So you're suggesting that I'm not in danger of losing my spot, having placed my reservation at 10:01 AM PST but as of yet having received no email and seen no RN in my account?

Just as a data point, I reserved at 10:20EST, and when I first logged into my bank a pending charge was there at 12:00pm. And when I first checked MyTesla I had an RN, which was just at 1:30pm. So I can't say how long it took but it was within a few hours. No email yet.

I was nr 4 in the Belgian - Antwerp (Aartselaar) and was done by 10:04 and only received the mail at 10:09.

I'm taking the liberty in guessing that everyone that ordered today is in 'a bucket' and the sequence in the store will not matter that much.
(I was early because I left home as I always do, went to the store, waited, reserved and went to work)

Also remember that they will first serve the US, then EU, then Asia ... and they have said that even when you get to 'order' the delivery will be based on their production schedule. So most likely full option orders will be served first (highest margin for them) and I would also think that they would then look at the numbers to optimize the production capability before looking at the reservation numbers.

btw: it's all still a long wait, no reason to get to bothered about it too much. Read some of the early Model S and Model X posts about waiting for orders and delivery, there was a lot of frustration. Expect the same.

I reserved in Burbank, CA about 30 minutes ago. The charge hit my credit card, but I, too, have yet to receive an email and can't see anything in My Tesla account.

Anyone else have/having this issue? Did it eventually show up?

I am in the exact same boat. Reserved 10:04am PT, got a credit card charge, but nothing in email or My Tesla yet. I'm trying to convince myself that the CC charge means it's all gonna be OK, but I'm paranoid that something went wrong.

I reserved in Burbank, CA about 30 minutes ago. The charge hit my credit card, but I, too, have yet to receive an email and can't see anything in My Tesla account.

Anyone else have/having this issue? Did it eventually show up?

I was right there with you! Same deal.... Card was charged... nothing in mytesla account yet and no email. Hopefully they got my e-mail down correctly!

Reactions: ELRev
Reserved at 1145 am , my existing Tesla account shows the model S I built the other day after a test drive at the store.
so it shows a reservation but its not for a 3 its for an S ?
hope it updates.