Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Swap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend was invited to configure his wife's model 3 yesterday but when asked that he wait until multiple interiors and all wheel drive come available.

My reservation suggests a March - May 2018 availability timeline, and though I'm reasonably patient, it would be great to have my model 3 sooner.

This shared, my friend asked if I want to swap reservations, knowing that he can't use his until his options of interest come available.

Telsa Motors Club Community members Guidance is valued and always appreciated -
Bob

You can title the car in any name. So it’s easy to switch if you have 100% trust in the other person.

His priority will give him earlier access when the other options do come out. Your date range is for the currently shipping models.

You can title the car in any name. So it’s easy to switch if you have 100% trust in the other person.

His priority will give him earlier access when the other options do come out. Your date range is for the currently shipping models.
Thanks for your timely insights brkaus -

Bob
Thanks again - Question: When you note that "his priority will give earlier access when the options do come out," should I assume you mean that he will have access to the additional (new) options upon their release, whereas my reservation is somewhat handicapped by whatever is available at the time of Tesla's invitation to configure and order my Model 3?

Thanks again - Question: When you note that "his priority will give earlier access when the options do come out," should I assume you mean that he will have access to the additional (new) options upon their release, whereas my reservation is somewhat handicapped by whatever is available at the time of Tesla's invitation to configure and order my Model 3?

I’m simply guessing that once an option such as “white seats” (or AWD) becomes available they would give priority to the earlier reservation holders.

So if first day line sitting Tesla owner deferred their reservation they would get first dibs on the cars with the new option(s).

What that means is anyone’s guess. It depends on how many deferred and how fast the new option rolls out.

For what it's worth, Tesla gave a friend and I endless "no" answers when we were looking into doing this. It "should" work but don't count on it.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus