Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t received reg and vin yet despite having a collection date of 26/11

I suspect I need to pay balance off which I’ll be doing later today

Are you all paid up?

Someone from tesla must be lurking this forum… shortly after posting I got a text confirming reg and vin

Transferred the remaining balance over and sorted insurance through admiral. All set for the 26th…. After nearly 11 months of waiting it all feels a bit surreal.

The Tesla webchat contact that I spoke to this morning wouldn't provide any further information. They suggested that I didn't even have a car assigned now although also caveated that they don't have any access to information on car assignment, VINs or delivery. I asked how a colleague was able to confirm on 29th October that I had a match with a car if they didn't have the information to do so and I now been put in touch with a supervisor. (Even subsequent webchats after 29th October confirmed car assignment).

Sounds like I am stuck in one of the bad order experiences. I wonder whether the stand-off between the Tesla and the Lease Company on who was waiting on who for documents over the last week and half has anything to do with it. Maybe Tesla have re-assigned my car as documents weren't finalised in time (through no fault of my own and required me to chase both Tesla and Lease Company to get it sorted). Who knows..
Sorry to hear that, what terrible service. You could almost predict it playing out thia way when you said before that there was a mismatch between the two. 😟

Does anyone know how early you start paying for the car ?

My delivery has been scheduled for the 3rd Dec , But no payment request yet ?
They like payment 7 days prior. I already have Tesla. When I bought that, I had a similar experience where they had not sent me a payment request. I rang them about 8 days prior and they send me the request with their account details. So don't worry too much about it.

Hello.

I am due to take delivery of my M3 RWD (after 8 months of waiting)
I'm just wondering what comes as standard to the UK customer. In terms of car mats, charging cables, Locking nut, first aid kit etc.
Many vids and info out on the web seems offer up contradictory info.

Also when I ordered back in March - the only think that Tesla would have changed when I get my car would be the lack of USS and the Parking sensors (park assist). every other feature as advertised would still be on the car like adaptive cruise control, heated seats etc.

Its mainly weather the car comes with those extras in the boot like locking nut, first aid kit etc which you would often find as standard on many cars.

I'm just wondering what comes as standard to the UK customer. In terms of car mats, charging cables, Locking nut, first aid kit etc.
Carpet mats (not the rubber ones), front mud flaps, the granny charger, 4m to 8m charging cable (length varies depending on what they have at the time), first aid kit, 128 GB USB drive for sentry cameras, screen cloth, 2 RFID key cards.

No locking wheel nuts.

Reactions: Lddex
Random question - I'm funding part of my M3 purchase with a Tesla loan. Does anyone know when the first repayment is due - guessing it's 30 days after collection?
Loan repayments usually begin at the latest 30 days from when you drawdown on the loan i.e. the date you physically get the car/mortgage/money in the bank (this is across the board and an FCA regulation) - the only time it skips the 30days and goes beyond is if the lender has a specific date it wants to collect the first months payment like the 1st or 30th.

Reactions: PedroM3RWD
That is a really interesting question … my indicated range is drifting downwards (I tend to leave it on percentage now). 5 weeks in, the car initially read 274, yesterday on a full 100% charge it read 259 miles. I am not overly concerned given the 8 year warranty on the battery and motor, but thought I would give Tesla a call anyway. I suspect Tesla receive a lot of calls on this. Bear in mind my journeys are very ’samey’ and typically involve motorway. I was told that the indicated range will change over time as the car adapts to my driving style, types of journey, outside temperature and perhaps some other stuff, but I can’t remember what else. I was told to expect this type of fluctuation and that it will more than likely go up as conditions change (summer, different drives etc) … so we will see. I know the characteristics of LFP battery makes range prediction difficult in any case. So, rightly or wrongly, like I said, I am not overly concerned about what the indicated range is telling me, for the moment at least. I now leave it on percentage, I 100% charge when it goes down to around 50% (the Tesla guy was pretty adamant about 100% charging), unless the sun is shining (we have solar panels) in which case the car goes on charge irrespective of the level of battery depletion. At the moment I am doing just over 4 miles per kWh (240 mile range roughly), on a warmer day I did see nearer 5 miles per kWh (equating to nearer 300 mile range). So in summary, maybe the quoted ranges should probably be used more for comparing one vehicle against another rather than a true indicator of range. Washed the car yesterday …. again 🤣
Replying to myself now 🤣 ... just to say don't be deterred by the indicated range (you can either display remaining battery as a percentage or as a mileage range) in miles drifting downwards when you get your cars ... which it may well do if your car utilisation is anything like mine. My car did go down to the 250 something miles but after a 100% charge last night it was back up to 270 miles ... all I am saying is that the indicated range is not in itself an indication of initial rapid and marked battery degradation (I always fear the worst, and had firstly interpreted this to be the case with mine ... I thought I may have bought a dud!). Oh me of little faith! When they arrive, just enjoy the living daylights of them ... it will be hard not too!

Replying to myself now 🤣 ... just to say don't be deterred by the indicated range (you can either display remaining battery as a percentage or as a mileage range) in miles drifting downwards when you get your cars ... which it may well do if your car utilisation is anything like mine. My car did go down to the 250 something miles but after a 100% charge last night it was back up to 270 miles ... all I am saying is that the indicated range is not in itself an indication of initial rapid and marked battery degradation (I always fear the worst, and had firstly interpreted this to be the case with mine ... I thought I may have bought a dud!). Oh me of little faith! When they arrive, just enjoy the living daylights of them ... it will be hard not too!
I learned on my other EV to just see % rather than miles remaining, on paper I’ve lost about 3% in that after a year and I charge to 100% every day (not LFP)