Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just found this site, been looking at a Tesla model 3 since they were launched in the US, test drove a M3P in Stratford and new that it was the car for me. Just had to convince my better half... which I did, so ordered a RWD, Black, Black interior, 18" Aeros through octopus salary sacrifice last week (24th May, 2022) EDD January to March 2023, looks like I will be waiting here for a while but secretly hoping the news about Shanghai production ramping up will mean it will arrive a bit earlier than 2023, fingers crossed.

As the Octopus tracker is still saying that the car will be delviered to my driveway on 30/06, I am curious to see when they will actually update it.

1653984762646.png

Reactions: rrajah
Fingers crossed for you! Maybe there is a few coming over on the boat and one has your name on, we'll see in the coming weeks I guess 😊
There is no chance I'm afraid. It will be September now.
When did you order? I also ordered the cheapest spec but added white interior. My EDD is showing November, ordered 5/3/22
I ordered early April form Octopus however, according to them, they had placed the factory order beforehand. Not sure when but someone else on this thread suggested it was October 21.

Just had a live chat with Tesla which I do every couple of weeks to stay up to date with their "opinion".

My first order is a M3 RWD, White, Black Interior, Aero's which was ordered on 20th Feb 2022. November EDD upon ordering.

The advisor Shane said:

Looks like we are still waiting on an update off the back of the lockdown in Shanghai, As there is a backlog of shipments from the port, this is causing a bit of a delay for us getting the future shipment dates confirmed, and this is causing the knock-on delay in us estimating collection/delivery. Looking at the information of your order, In my opinion, because we are waiting for the confirmation, we are likely to be looking at a Q3 delivery, so Aug/Sep. now, this isn't certain, and we will consistently strive to bring this date forward. but hopefully, this will give you a bit of an expectation rather than being in the dark like you are currently.

Thats a bit of an update I guess.

Just had a live chat with Tesla which I do every couple of weeks to stay up to date with their "opinion".

My first order is a M3 RWD, White, Black Interior, Aero's which was ordered on 20th Feb 2022. November EDD upon ordering.

The advisor Shane said:

Looks like we are still waiting on an update off the back of the lockdown in Shanghai, As there is a backlog of shipments from the port, this is causing a bit of a delay for us getting the future shipment dates confirmed, and this is causing the knock-on delay in us estimating collection/delivery. Looking at the information of your order, In my opinion, because we are waiting for the confirmation, we are likely to be looking at a Q3 delivery, so Aug/Sep. now, this isn't certain, and we will consistently strive to bring this date forward. but hopefully, this will give you a bit of an expectation rather than being in the dark like you are currently.

Thats a bit of an update I guess.
Looks like they swapped Emma with Shane

Poor Emma been getting hounded for last few months 😅

Be shocked if anything comes before august but given its unprecedented times, we might end up surprised.

Reactions: rrajah
I originally had a date of November… this jumped to June, then to may… I got really excited and then suddenly back to November :( it just shows how quickly and far the can move this date around. I’m Keeping my hopes up for a Q3 delivery… hopefully august/September!

Same here, ordered a "stock car" through Tusker in early March. M3RWD white/black/sport. My status on the Tusker site is showing as "In transit to dealer", with EDD as early August. Yours?
Current Tusker info:
Estimated date to dealer: Early June 2022

Don't think that's going to happen :p

On Tesla Chat yesterday, Shane estimated my delivery to be Aug/Sept, but needed further details from Tusker.
Contacted Tusker by phone a couple of days ago for an update and they haven't got back to me yet. Email responses are glacial.

All I need is a rough realistic date so I can plan what to do with my current lease car.

[edit] I have a signature now.

All I need is a rough realistic date so I can plan what to do with my current lease car.

I don't think there is one, its fallout from the unfortunate lockdown in Shanghai ...

My read of the Tea Leaves:

Lease route will be making it harder for you to see the EDD. But people who can see their EDD have had them move all over the shop ...

Quite a few people have VINs (and REG). So you could take that to mean "If its coming in June I would already know" (but subject to the Lease obfuscation element)

There are some "July" dates bandied about. There is a boat that has diverted for repairs ... it could be that there are Tesla's on that boat. So "July" could be possible, for anyone on THAT boat.

Then there are Cancellations and Unable-to-take-Delivery - that puts some cars back on the table. So even if you are told August you might be #1 in the August queue and then be given the chance of a rejected June car.

Then there is inventory. Would seem unlikely that there will be any this Quarter, as so few cars seems unlikely that they are not all pre-sold. But.

No idea how that works with Lease, you'd presumably have to find an Inventory car (e.g. compromise on Colour / Trim), "buy" it, and get Tesla and Tusker to change your RN to that Inventory car.

Reactions: thetallpaul
Yeh I’ve just had a similar change to November- December

For what it’s worth I don’t think this is accurate at all… algorithm is laughable

Attachments

• 6839C541-988F-4C43-9B85-42CEABF7DB5F.jpeg
    6839C541-988F-4C43-9B85-42CEABF7DB5F.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 42