Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The VIN assignments and EDD are very interesting and particularly useful since they would suggest that we have at least one ship, maybe two already enroute ahead of MORNING CHORUS. I have a couple of suspects but will dig a little further......
Hopefully this is the case as there seem to be an awful lot of Vins being allocated to Europe and none to the UK. Maybe these cars are on another ship and Morning Chorus still hasn't allocated cars?

Reactions: Millenium101
Me too! It's getting real now! We are very excited.
M3 RWD/RHD/MSM/Black/18 Aero/No FSD, Dublin (Ireland)
Wahey!!! I thought when I saw my EDD move forward, and yours move backwards, that our 'car twins' wouldn't arrive together.

My EDD is now 9 Aug - 23 Aug.

Morning Chorus & Glovis Summit would both arrive Zeebrugge around 17/18th Aug (IF that's where they are both heading) - so either we'll get them in Dublin around the weekend of 20th/21st August, or there's another untracked ship arriving sooner?

Wahey!!! I thought when I saw my EDD move forward, and yours move backwards, that our 'car twins' wouldn't arrive together.

My EDD is now 9 Aug - 23 Aug.

Morning Chorus & Glovis Summit would both arrive Zeebrugge around 17/18th Aug (IF that's where they are both heading) - so either we'll get them in Dublin around the weekend of 20th/21st August, or there's another untracked ship arriving sooner?
Just checking.. looks like mine is on an earlier one!? My dates are actually Aug 3 - Aug 17 (sorry, forgot cos I was so excited).
There's still an overlap though!

Now to wait for car reg so I can get my brokers to get a quote.

Grant form submitted.

So trying to get my other half's name on the order agreement as he's applying for the car loan from the bank. I'm the only driver of our car so we initially had my name down as we thought it would make sense at the time.

Just checking.. looks like mine is on an earlier one!? My dates are actually Aug 3 - Aug 17 (sorry, forgot cos I was so excited).
There's still an overlap though!

Now to wait for car reg so I can get my brokers to get a quote.

Grant form submitted.

So trying to get my other half's name on the order agreement as he's applying for the car loan from the bank. I'm the only driver of our car so we initially had my name down as we thought it would make sense at the time.
Yes, I saw your EDD starts sooner, but we overlap dates. Maybe we'll see our 'twins' at the same time.
Good luck with the admin.

Reactions: whykay
Yes, I saw your EDD starts sooner, but we overlap dates. Maybe we'll see our 'twins' at the same time.
Good luck with the admin.
Yass, that was quick*. Got a call and the paperwork is updated!
Applying for car loan now ☑️

Yeah.. fingers crossed for the actual pickup date (and car reg number).

*quick as I chased them a few times the park few weeks and the person today manage to get it done

I think the main points you need to know are Ireland have got some Vins for cars, and UK have got none so far 😂
😂😂
Yeah I just went through the last 15 pages of this thread as that's where my App stopped updating lol
That's a pain. My EDD moved forward to November 25 - January 09 (Ordered May 16th) and stayed there for the last 3 weeks almost, while before it was updating every 10 days and coming forward.

Hopefully we'll see some changes 😩

Reactions: Millenium101
how does the grant work in Ireland?
Currently maximum €5k grant for BEV cars under €60k (nothing for cars over that; so with current Tesla pricelist you have to be careful with options to stay under the threshold). We complete the application form, which Tesla submit on our behalf, and then Tesla apply the discount off the purchase price.

Currently maximum €5k grant for BEV cars under €60k (nothing for cars over that; so with current Tesla pricelist you have to be careful with options to stay under the threshold). We complete the application form, which Tesla submit on our behalf, and then Tesla apply the discount off the purchase price.
That's really good! We get sod all from the UK government. Used to be a scheme to get £1500 off an EV but only if it was less than £32k, so not many to choose from! Then we could get £350 off a home charger but they took that away from home owners this year and now only renters are eligible for it.

Going off topic here but I really can't see the UK being in a position to stop selling ICE cars by 2030, prices of EVs need to come down alot first and at the moment they seem to only be going in the opposite direction!

That's really good! We get sod all from the UK government. Used to be a scheme to get £1500 off an EV but only if it was less than £32k, so not many to choose from! Then we could get £350 off a home charger but they took that away from home owners this year and now only renters are eligible for it.

Going off topic here but I really can't see the UK being in a position to stop selling ICE cars by 2030, prices of EVs need to come down alot first and at the moment they seem to only be going in the opposite direction!
Oh, I forgot, we also get €600 contribution for home charger/installation too.