Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of Ireland (With VIN discoverable) have seen their EDD move today to Aug 19th to Sept 2nd from what was earlier August which would be more consistent with Morning Chorus itinerary
Yes these are definitely more consistent with Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit. The previous EDDs were a bit tight and wouldn't have left much time for the cars to be shipped from zeebrugge

My EDD is August 3 - 17 with VIN assigned. Got a message from Tesla to say arrival date being calculated and will show in app shortly.
This is a standard message from Tesla that usually gets issued once a car is provisionally assigned to an order.

As regards EDD I would place emphasis on the E "Estimated" and this often changes. It is only when confirmed dates for delivery appointments are notified that this matter will be resolved. Many Irish orders who had this EDD date range have seen their dates moved forward to August 19th to September 2 as of today.

Good news is that discoverable VIN means a car is linked to your order and is in transit.

Reactions: DM123
This is a standard message from Tesla that usually gets issued once a car is provisionally assigned to an order.

As regards EDD I would place emphasis on the E "Estimated" and this often changes. It is only when confirmed dates for delivery appointments are notified that this matter will be resolved. Many Irish orders who had this EDD date range have seen their dates moved forward to August 19th to September 2 as of today.

Good news is that discoverable VIN means a car is linked to your order and is in transit.
Exactly, only date that matters is the delivery date. I’m happy out now I have a VIN.

Reactions: JOL1
I have tweeted @elonmusk today asking when we can expect some M3RWD deliveries in the UK - no reply, shock-horror! If my EDD gets kicked into the long grass again, I will defo have a look at the Ionic 6 ... you have been warned Elon, common' lad, you know you can do it if you try really hard ...

I've just had a text message about my UK RWD delivery!!
The text says: Tesla Action Required - Your Model 3 is due for delivery on Wednesday, 24 August. Deliveries are made between 8 am and the end of the day. Reply with your full address to receive confirmation of your delivery. Not ready for your Model 3 or need help? Reply here.

What is this source code everyone is on about?
1. Login to your Tesla account.
2. Click CTRL-ALT-U to reveal the source code behind the webpage.
3. CLICK CTRL-F to search that source code, and search for "LRW" which is the first 3 characters of a VIN of a made in Shanghai car.
4. If it finds LRW at the start of a 13-long set of characters - those characters are your VIN. If it doesn't find LRW, you don't have a MIC VIN yet.

Someone built a script to check (and there's a link around here somewhere) but that script doesn't work for me. The above found my VIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Millenium101
2. Click CTRL-U to reveal the source code behind the webpage.
3. CLICK CTRL-F to search that source code, and search for "LRW" which is the first 3 characters of a VIN of a made in Shanghai car.
4. If it finds VRW at the start of a 13-long set of characters - those characters are your VIN. If it doesn't find LRW, you don't have a MIC VIN yet.

Someone built a script to check (and there's a link around here somewhere) but that script doesn't work for me. The above found my VIN.
Does this work with lease?

2. Click CTRL-U to reveal the source code behind the webpage.
4. If it finds LRW at the start of a 13-long set of characters - those characters are your VIN. If it doesn't find LRW, you don't have a MIC VIN yet.

Have tried but because I've got a lease car it doesn't come up on my account...

Reactions: MrMSM