Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y vins being allocated now. Genuinely forget about RWD into the UK this quarter. M3 lines down until the end of the 1st week in August. 9 days before uk shipping deadline will remain to build a load of RWD for some of us (which I doubt).

Last edited:
Reactions: Millenium101
1658773776474.png

There's a history of my EDDs, I'm sure it was May as well at one point before I installed the extended order status plug in lol

Reactions: Millenium101
Random thought - within the terms of conditions it clearly states anyone caught trying to resell their Tesla order(s) may have them cancelled prior to delivery. What makes these large bulk orders from the lease companies any different? Why do they got an exemption from the rules?

I guess if you provide Tesla with large amounts of liquidity they let you do what you want

• Disagree
Reactions: MrMoonUK
Random thought - within the terms of conditions it clearly states anyone caught trying to resell their Tesla order(s) may have them cancelled prior to delivery. What makes these large bulk orders from the lease companies any different? Why do they got an exemption from the rules?

I guess if you provide Tesla with large amounts of liquidity they let you do what you want
Money rules lol

Reactions: partywme

They must be making a killing these lease companies, steady £500 a month per car and then sell it 2 years later for more or less the same price as new!

Reactions: partywme
Looking on Frizzy's database (often gets posted on shipping thread) there is only 1 listed RWD delivered to the UK this year on there (order early Jan, delivery March). Obviously difficult to extrapolate to actual orders but the proportion compared to 3LR/P & huge number of MYs is sad

I wonder if someone did a FOI request to find out how many RWDs Tesla have delivered to customers (not necessarily lease companies) what the number would actually be from March...

Looking on Frizzy's database (often gets posted on shipping thread) there is only 1 listed RWD delivered to the UK this year on there (order early Jan, delivery March). Obviously difficult to extrapolate to actual orders but the proportion compared to 3LR/P & huge number of MYs is sad

I wonder if someone did a FOI request to find out how many RWDs Tesla have delivered to customers (not necessarily lease companies) what the number would actually be from March...
Yeah its odd. There definitely was some in Q1 because the woman I dealt with at the Nottingham SC for the test drive called me on the 31st March and said the delivery team had a car available if I could collect the same day.

I spoke to Ernest from Octopus for an update on my EDD (ordered May 20th, rare Black, Black, aeros) suggesting that if someone cancelled out the octopus order I'd be happy to take it off their hands!! He said that if an order was cancelled then Tesla (not Octopus) decides who gets the cancellation. This suggests that although lease companies order in bulk at least if there are cancellations it might go to other non-lease customers. For info Ernest said my EDD was Late November