Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Much better to wait a bit longer for the spec you actually wanted!

If I had gone for the upgraded sport wheels I would have been about 3 months into ownership! But no regrets.
I couldn't justify the cost of the 19" wheels, they're nothing special to look at imo. Think I'm going to whip the aero covers off mine, there's a nice looking alloy under them!

I agree, seems Tesla are trying to force people‘s hand by what seems like purposely delaying models with 18” wheels to get them to upgrade, because on their own they aren’t worth the extra cost.
Agree, I ordered a basic white RWD in Jan and currently have the familiar Nov 06 to Dec 21 EDD. After chatting with Tesla last week and being told that Dec was the earliest I was likely to get a car, I bought a used car instead and collected it on Friday 😁. I wish I'd done it back in June when Tesla first started playing EDD ping-pong. I love it, and now I can enjoy driving it across France in a couple of weeks time.

M3.jpg

Th
Let's be realistic its probably highly unlikely to be this quarter. The Model 3 line is still down until Monday, that makes me think the next boat (Glovis Companion it looks like?) probably won't have many M3s, maybe just a few that were produced before the shut down.

I guess in theory there is enough time for them to produce some and make the next boat, the next boat has to leave by like the 20th Aug in order to arrive and get cars delivered before end of September? Again seems a stretch.

We know that in September they won't produce for the UK because they won't deliver in time for end of quarter

That to me says if anything, producing them in October for arrival in November seems more likely than getting them this quarter.
I was tempted to upgrade to a Model Y stock car June plates in Red for extra but feel the Model 3 RWD is the best value car and have a great deal most useable and with a recession looming daft to be paying hundreds of pounds more for a car that is basically the same.
Much better to wait a bit longer for the spec you actually wanted!

If I had gone for the upgraded sport wheels I would have been about 3 months into ownership! But no regrets.
It’s fun to see the covers available and not get stuck with the silver wheels.

Th

I was tempted to upgrade to a Model Y stock car June plates in Red for extra but feel the Model 3 RWD is the best value car and have a great deal most useable and with a recession looming daft to be paying hundreds of pounds more for a car that is basically the same.

It’s fun to see the covers available and not get stuck with the silver wheels.
I went though the exact same thoughts, but stuck to my guns with the RWD order.

Agree, I ordered a basic white RWD in Jan and currently have the familiar Nov 06 to Dec 21 EDD. After chatting with Tesla last week and being told that Dec was the earliest I was likely to get a car, I bought a used car instead and collected it on Friday 😁. I wish I'd done it back in June when Tesla first started playing EDD ping-pong. I love it, and now I can enjoy driving it across France in a couple of weeks time.

View attachment 838008
Nice but the thought of paying a large sum for a used car when I can have a new car for the same outlay with new updated model and interior is best. Most still waiting ordered their cars when prices were much lower so it’s worth holding on to enjoy the benifit.

Nice but the thought of paying a large sum for a used car when I can have a new car for the same outlay with new updated model and interior is best. Most still waiting ordered their cars when prices were much lower so it’s worth holding on to enjoy the benifit.
That was the logic I was using, then I changed perspective and thought I could enjoy a different colour/trim for nearly half a year and my fuel saving will nearly cover the depreciation over the time (free charging at work). Then I'll sell it and take delivery of my new car at the lower locked in price.

Have you seen all of the new RWDs posted on the Ireland inventory? I think it's an absolute f**king joke they are listing all of them when they are the exact same cars that could be used for UK orders!!
That would mean them actually fulfilling their orders at the cheaper price which I guess they don't want to do 😂 the last time I spoke to them they were still using the whole covid delay excuse which is now clearly a load of bollocks if they're listing cars on inventory

That would mean them actually fulfilling their orders at the cheaper price which I guess they don't want to do 😂 the last time I spoke to them they were still using the whole covid delay excuse which is now clearly a load of bollocks if they're listing cars on inventory
I think the Ireland RWD inventory prices convert to £44k… has anybody locked in lower than this in the UK? Locked mine in at 44k