Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD has moved too (thanks to those in this thread for giving me the heads-up that some EDDs had changed!)

Gone from Nov-Dec to Sep 23rd to 30th (white/black/aeros Trafford collection).

Was going to book my existing car in for its annual service and MOT, due Sept 1st. If this EDD looks like it’s sticking, I might have to reconsider spending money on a potentially unnecessary service - especially if I end up selling it to a dealer who’ll be giving it a “service” anyway before selling it on!
Congrats, when did you place your order - same spec as me but I am still on Q4 from what I have been told.

Still in Q4 club here. I suppose none of it means much until we see VINs. Once upon a time my EDD was 14th to 30th June...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-105611_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-105611_Tesla.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 63
M3 Rwd / white / black int/ 18 aero wheels.. ordered on 5th feb
Spoke to Rachel on Tesla chat and she still sees my edd in q4. However she did mention that vin allocation is in process so I might get an update in a “few days”. Planning to check back tomorrow.

I’m a lease customer as well with Tusker but what I did was place the order directly with Tesla and paid £100 deposit. Once I got the RN, gave that to Tusker so that they don’t delay in placing an order. I believe the deposit gets returned to me by Tusker at some point when I get the car.

M3 Rwd / white / black int/ 18 aero wheels.. ordered on 5th feb
Spoke to Rachel on Tesla chat and she still sees my edd in q4. However she did mention that vin allocation is in process so I might get an update in a “few days”. Planning to check back tomorrow.

I’m a lease customer as well with Tusker but what I did was place the order directly with Tesla and paid £100 deposit. Once I got the RN, gave that to Tusker so that they don’t delay in placing an order. I believe the deposit gets returned to me by Tusker at some point when I get the car.
Zen Auto used their account with Tesla to order my car individually and at the same time added my details as the driver and then at the same time I received the RN number. The delay I think for lease cars is the Tesla team that deals with company accounts is most likely not using our order date and is assigning cars to lease companies each month without checking how long people have been waiting. Just my theory.

I rang Tesla ... very noncommittal I must say. I for one am not holding out much hope for a Q3 delivery despite the 22-30 Sep taunt. The Tesla guy reckoned it was shortage of parts of M3s that had caused the delay, together with the lockdown in Shanghai. I have had 9 EDDs so far, I could understand 3 maybe, 5 tops, but 9 is excessive - soon to become 10 I fear.

I rang Tesla ... very noncommittal I must say. I for one am not holding out much hope for a Q3 delivery despite the 22-30 Sep taunt. The Tesla guy reckoned it was shortage of parts of M3s that had caused the delay, together with the lockdown in Shanghai. I have had 9 EDDs so far, I could understand 3 maybe, 5 tops, but 9 is excessive - soon to become 10 I fear.
I'm slightly more optimistic on this occasion but I won't be selling my current car until I get that vin and delivery date 100% confirmed 😂. In the next 2-3 weeks we should hopefully see some vins

I'm slightly more optimistic on this occasion but I won't be selling my current car until I get that vin and delivery date 100% confirmed 😂. In the next 2-3 weeks we should hopefully see some vins
I really hope so Bodders, the Tesla guy did say check again in a couple of weeks time … fingers crossed they will be on a slow boat from China by this time next week and our cars are in it 🤞

I’m on my 8th haha

Reactions: LoneRanger
White M3 RWD (black interior, aero) ordered 5th April 2022 is now showing as Sep 23-30, having bounced from Sep to Nov to Feb to Jan to Dec and now Sep again but with a week window - tesla finance purchase not lease.

No VIN in source code.
Seems like the majority of EDD updates have been for the standard spec car and not the various colours/white interior

Reactions: LoneRanger