Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine in December. EDD is currently November-December 2022. Is it worth me selling my current car? This would be the second car I've sold due to my EDD šŸ¤¦.

I've decided if the car is not here by Dec I'm cancelling and ordering something else. My sisters have both ordered EVs this year and received them - purgeot e2008. The radio silence is really disappointing, if I had known I'd be waiting this long I would have ordered a taycan šŸ˜”

White RWD model 3 standard config - aero's/black interior - personal/cash order placed direct with Tesla on December 16th.

I ordered mine in December. EDD is currently November-December 2022. Is it worth me selling my current car? This would be the second car I've sold due to my EDD šŸ¤¦.

I've decided if the car is not here by Dec I'm cancelling and ordering something else. My sisters have both ordered EVs this year and received them - purgeot e2008. The radio silence is really disappointing, if I had known I'd be waiting this long I would have ordered a taycan šŸ˜”

White RWD model 3 standard config - aero's/black interior - personal/cash order placed direct with Tesla on December 16th.
Do not sell your car based on Teslas EDD. Don't make the same mistake i did.
I would be surprised if your car arrives this year.

My towbar was a Ā£1300 option, but Tesla has since dropped the price to Ā£1090. The total price I am paying for the car is a fair bit below the current list but does anyone know what Tesla's policy is on price change amendments?
Are you sure the Ā£1090 isn't just the same price but quoted without VAT or has it specifically been reduced? (Ā£1300 does seem a bit pricey for the basic clip-in type that was supplied when I bought my car ... if it was for one of those automatic swing-into-position jobs then maybe that would be more understandable!)

I also have a UK M3 RWD on order since March. I chose Midnight silver + white interior + towbar. The delivery dates have changed several times. I did have a 3-week slot between 19th Nov to 5th Dec but all that changed over the weekend. The 3-week slot has become 3 months as the car is now expected Jan-Mar 2023.

I'm not too concerned; ultimately, the car should be improved (although I'm not sold on relying on Tesla Vision for parking). The cynic in me did wonder if they would prefer me to cancel my order and sell it to someone else at a higher price!

My towbar was a Ā£1300 option, but Tesla has since dropped the price to Ā£1090. The total price I am paying for the car is a fair bit below the current list but does anyone know what Tesla's policy is on price change amendments?
I had the same window and hoping mine doesnā€™t change, ordered in April although white
I also have a UK M3 RWD on order since March. I chose Midnight silver + white interior + towbar. The delivery dates have changed several times. I did have a 3-week slot between 19th Nov to 5th Dec but all that changed over the weekend. The 3-week slot has become 3 months as the car is now expected Jan-Mar 2023.

I'm not too concerned; ultimately, the car should be improved (although I'm not sold on relying on Tesla Vision for parking). The cynic in me did wonder if they would prefer me to cancel my order and sell it to someone else at a higher price!

Iā€™d expect if you wanted todays price for the tow bar youā€™d need to pay todayā€™s price for the rest but worth asking.

Peugeot e2008 is nice, but not comparable to tesla, and the reason I dont really like Peugeot as they call "0-60 9secs" GT performance... but nice looking car though, interior is shiny too.

Just logged into my account again and the delivery date has changed again - in my favour this time. Estimated Delivery: November 25 - December 11.

Are you sure the Ā£1090 isn't just the same price but quoted without VAT or has it specifically been reduced? (Ā£1300 does seem a bit pricey for the basic clip-in type that was supplied when I bought my car ... if it was for one of those automatic swing-into-position jobs then maybe that would be more understandable!)

No, as far as I know, it is just the standard towbar. That's a good point regarding VAT and a good basis for querying it!

Reactions: Astrape
Just logged into my account again and the delivery date has changed again - in my favour this time. Estimated Delivery: November 25 - December 11.

No, as far as I know, it is just the standard towbar. That's a good point regarding VAT and a good basis for querying it!
Could be different as believe tow bar manufacturer fitted at build only (cant be added later) and can tow up to 1000kg - think the old was rated at 750kg

Peugeot e2008 is nice, but not comparable to tesla, and the reason I dont really like Peugeot as they call "0-60 9secs" GT performance... but nice looking car though, interior is shiny too.
The speed acceleration isn't really an issue for me, the range is the problem. My sisters cars only do 160-190 range depending on driving style and now the winter. It's perfect for them and the build quality is surprisingly amazing. My local Porche dealership have a blue taycan coming in early Feb. If my car isn't here by end of december I'll probably bite and just get a taycan. I'm planning on ordering a Nio anyway so need a car till Nio enter the UK market. Buying from Tesla has been the most stressful car buying experience imo. The fact we have to get information from a forum is shocking and the fact that when the car comes we need to do our own quality control is honestly horrendous.

25F203C4-49C3-41B9-8EC9-E76DAAF58AB2.jpeg

So since the day I ordered my car through Tusker back in March, the status has said ā€˜In Transit to Dealerā€™, but it has just changed to this.

Iā€™m actually going to allow myself to get excited now!

View attachment 864821
So since the day I ordered my car through Tusker back in March, the status has said ā€˜In Transit to Dealerā€™, but it has just changed to this.

Iā€™m actually going to allow myself to get excited now!
Same here!

I had gotten in to the habit of checking the Tusker site at about midnight on a Monday morning when it typically updated, but only ever bothered to check the EDD. Only checked when I saw your message.

However, given the previous status was "In Transit to Dealer", perhaps the next will be "order placed"... šŸ˜‰

"Aaaaand it's gone"

Went to look at vin again to try and see what ship it's on, gone this morning.

Didn't even realise that was possible until looking through the forum and seems to have happened a few times šŸ„²

I'm hoping they just released it early, or accidentally allocated this one before others due (eg ones in Jan-Feb!), and we should all see some appearing soon... One can only hope

Reactions: Adyer and partywme
"Aaaaand it's gone"

Went to look at vin again to try and see what ship it's on, gone this morning.

Didn't even realise that was possible until looking through the forum and seems to have happened a few times šŸ„²

I'm hoping they just released it early, or accidentally allocated this one before others due (eg ones in Jan-Feb!), and we should all see some appearing soon... One can only hope
Are you sure it wasn't a token? I think they are a random string numbers and letters and in the past people have thought it was a vin because it coincidentally contained "LRW". I think the tokens are refreshed everytime you refresh the page or log in/out or something

Reactions: Millenium101
Are you sure it wasn't a token? I think they are a random string numbers and letters and in the past people have thought it was a vin because it coincidentally contained "LRW". I think the tokens are refreshed everytime you refresh the page or log in/out or something
They used to sometimes put a placeholder VIN in there that could refer to a different car model entirely ... that was the case for me before the genuine VIN appeared (Mind you I'm going back to late summer 2019 so no idea if that still happens.)

Hi all, I ordered a m3 rwd, black, black 19ā€ wheels in late March (canā€™t remember the date) itā€™s a company car through Lex autolease.
The fleet manager here gets monthly updates and itā€™s been due late Nov/Dec pretty consistently since it shifted a few months ago from July/august.
Does anyone have the same spec as me ordered at a similar time, not through a lease company? Be good to know who to keep an eye on getting a hidden vin :) or EDD shifting to 2023 :(
Many thanks!

Reactions: Millenium101