Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May I ask a more general Tesla question…?

If a Tesla is being collected from Bluewater, I assume this is where it is registered? If so, what two letters would be at the start of the reg. no? I can’t seem to find info on this anywhere.

Just had my VIN and reg plate confirmed. Picking up on the 26th. Insurance all sorted with the plate now, didn't go up from the quote, pleased as punch.

My VIN is a 676 variant, and I had delivery confirmation first, followed by confirmation of USS update and then VIN this evening!

Mine appears to be a "669" VIN. What's the difference? Internet suggests it's just the sequential serial.

Reactions: Astrape and M3UK
Just had my VIN and reg plate confirmed. Picking up on the 26th. Insurance all sorted with the plate now, didn't go up from the quote, pleased as punch.

Mine appears to be a "669" VIN. What's the difference? Internet suggests it's just the sequential serial.
Yes its just the serial. People just quote it to give clues to where in the build and shipping sequence a VIN may sit, and to help tie in when USS stopped being included and when 2023 model build began. But Tesla watchers tell us the VIN sequence is not necessary allocated to cars in a sequential way as they are built, so its mostly guesswork and curiosity. However timing of VIN allocation and your pick up date suggests that 669 is likely to be on Glovis Summit.

Reactions: cr3_uk
Just get a generic response, they re-confirm car has been assigned as per last two weeks and VIN also assigned and I should wait for a delivery update in the "coming days".

The Tesla webchat contact that I spoke to this morning wouldn't provide any further information. They suggested that I didn't even have a car assigned now although also caveated that they don't have any access to information on car assignment, VINs or delivery. I asked how a colleague was able to confirm on 29th October that I had a match with a car if they didn't have the information to do so and I now been put in touch with a supervisor. (Even subsequent webchats after 29th October confirmed car assignment).

Sounds like I am stuck in one of the bad order experiences. I wonder whether the stand-off between the Tesla and the Lease Company on who was waiting on who for documents over the last week and half has anything to do with it. Maybe Tesla have re-assigned my car as documents weren't finalised in time (through no fault of my own and required me to chase both Tesla and Lease Company to get it sorted). Who knows..

@LoneRanger
Hey there! Hope you’re enjoying the car.
As you’ve had the car for a bit now, could you help me with a dilemma I have please? 😂
Does the car have a speed limiter while driving? I know about the autopilot for keeping the speed or just the cruise control, but what about the speed limiter?
So like you set 70 on the motorway, and even pushing more on the pedal (not till the end) it stops at that speed?
The only one I found is the speed you select when you give the car to someone else, and you do that in the settings or in the app.. but if every time you need to open the vehicle settings to do that, it’s stupid! lol
Thaaanks
Hi bi.angel ... I have been thinking about this some more ... you can set a chime to come on when you exceed the speed limit for the road ... I do find this to be more desirable actually than stopping the car going any faster when you press harder on the accelerator. If you set the car chimes on 'Joe' mode (I think this might be a dig at Joe Biden, but it is intended to be not too loud that would otherwise wake a sleeping child in the back seat of the car) it is certainly not intrusive. On balance, I would now choose the chime rather than a limiter.

Bad news, wife kerbed the front near side wheel ... in a way, I am just glad it wasn't me! It is relatively minor, I have done my best at touching it up. I can see it, but will hopefully stop noticing it. Give kerbs a very wide birth, and/or invest in some 3rd party hub caps that cover the edge of the wheel and can be sacrificed.

Good news ... the car does have matrix headlights. I have waited until all of the neighbours are out and have just done the light show ... six weeks into owning the car ... and the headlights spell 'Tesla' on the wall as part of the show ... which I think is the acid test.

Not many sleeps now until deliveries start happening.

Last edited:
Gonna have to trawl through previous threads to remember what accessories you recommended, both Tesla and Tessories I recall
Hi bi.angel ... I have been thinking about this some more ... you can set a chime to come on when you exceed the speed limit for the road ... I do find this to be more desirable actually than stopping the car going any faster when you press harder on the accelerator. If you set the car chimes on 'Joe' mode (I think this might be a dig at Joe Biden, but it is intended to be not too loud that would otherwise wake a sleeping child in the back seat of the car) it is certainly not intrusive. On balance, I would now choose the chime rather than a limiter.

Bad news, wife kerbed the front near side wheel ... in a way, I am just glad it wasn't me! It is relatively minor, I have done my best at touching it up. I can see it, but will hopefully stop noticing it. Give kerbs a very wide birth, and/or invest in some 3rd party hub caps that cover the edge of the wheel and can be sacrificed.

Good news ... the car does have matrix headlights. I have waited until all of the neighbours are out and have just done the light show ... six weeks into owning the car ... and the headlights spell 'Tesla' on the wall as part of the show ... which I think is the acid test.

Reactions: LoneRanger

Hey! Oh well that’s good then, I thought there was nothing at all.. thanks for checking that :)
Sorry for your wheel, but we know that’s something that has to happen sooner or later to any car 😂

On another note, got my REG and VIN via SMS today! Can’t do anything for the insurance tho, as no website finds my car using the reg number lol
Plus I’m in Cuba atm, and coming back only few days before delivery 😩 can’t access internet easily (just managed today but won’t be able for the next week) and can’t do anything about payments and stuff.. Well, they’ll need to wait! I told them I was going to be on Cuba 😂 they said it should be fine tho

Hey! Oh well that’s good then, I thought there was nothing at all.. thanks for checking that :)
Sorry for your wheel, but we know that’s something that has to happen sooner or later to any car 😂

On another note, got my REG and VIN via SMS today! Can’t do anything for the insurance tho, as no website finds my car using the reg number lol
Plus I’m in Cuba atm, and coming back only few days before delivery 😩 can’t access internet easily (just managed today but won’t be able for the next week) and can’t do anything about payments and stuff.. Well, they’ll need to wait! I told them I was going to be on Cuba 😂 they said it should be fine tho
Wow! Enjoy Cuba ... bring back a cigar to celebrate getting the Tesla!

Reactions: bi.angel