Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 6'-1" and sat in a model S and the headroom for me isn't enough. I don't lean like a gangster, I sit pretty upright. If the model 3 headroom is less than the S that could be a problem. I really hope they make the seats with more hight adjustability, otherwise I'll have to bust out my cut off wheel and welder.

hmm... I'm just a hair under 6'2", have sat in a Model S, and thought that the headroom was just fine. Keep the Model 3's glass roof in mind - that could add perhaps another inch or so of headroom due the lack of a headliner.

I'm 6'-1" and sat in a model S and the headroom for me isn't enough. I don't lean like a gangster, I sit pretty upright. If the model 3 headroom is less than the S that could be a problem. I really hope they make the seats with more hight adjustability, otherwise I'll have to bust out my cut off wheel and welder.

Yeah, I do agree with you, I didn't have the chance to sit in the front seat of the Model S, but sitting in the back seat my head felt a little cramped, I don't know how much that had to do with being sat 3 wide when I was in it.

hmm... I'm just a hair under 6'2", have sat in a Model S, and thought that the headroom was just fine. Keep the Model 3's glass roof in mind - that could add perhaps another inch or so of headroom due the lack of a headliner.

Torso length can vary quite a bit. My wife is an inch shorter then I am but her inseam is two inches longer then mine. For what it's worth we both find the S next-gen seats to be comfortable, although the newest seats (Model-X generation seats) are supposed to be even better.

There's no way the front seats won't be heated. It costs almost nothing and can be a real range-saver in an EV.

Mule seats are not production, so we don't know what they are gonna do based on that. We already know they are cutting costs and making the car more simple by eliminating features like SAS. Personally if they're manual it's not the end of the world for me. I just hope that they're heated because you really don't want to use extra cab heat that will lower your range.

I think his main point is that just because we saw something in the alphas doesn't mean it'll make it to production.

To be fair, nearly everything we saw in the alphas has made it to the RCs, no?

Reactions: FlyNavy01
The seats in the reveal prototype aren't the same in the RC's. You can look at the various pics out there and see the differences in the headrests. That's a dead giveaway.
Not really a dead giveaway considering a slightly tweaked headrest shape has essentially nothing to do with how the power seats operate. Engineering power seats only to later downgrade to manual doesn't make logical sense anyways. Regardless, we'll know for sure in a month.

Last edited:
What a fat person and a skinny person find comfortable is two different things.

I hope Tesla offers a flat seat with no side bolstering for fat people.

And a heavily bolstered "sport" seat for skinny people.

That way you have the entire market covered. With volume 400k plus per year I don't think it is too much to ask to have two different seats to make everyone happy.

Well, the only people SOL are couples with one with a very wide butt and one with a very narrow butt. I don't know of any automaker that offers one "sport" seat and one standard seat in the front.

I'm 6'4" and the Model S was fine for me. Getting in/out is a little challenging, given the car is a little lower. Some people have long legs (me), others have a long torso which infringes on the headroom. I'm hoping when we configure, there will be detailed specs. about headroom in the different options of roofs. I'll assume all glass would give you the most headroom, although I the pano roof in the Model S was better than other cars I've sat in with sun roofs.