Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 46.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still on 42.4 so hopefully this weekend. I did use my auto wiper setting today and they worked pretty well although they were a bit off the prior day and today there was one point where the windshield (while sitting stopped in traffic) was covered in rain drops but no wiper. Scratched my head on that as they seemed to work fine before on the same drive. Have not been out in a heavy downpour yet. So maybe the update will come in time to check out soon.

I haven’t played with my Easter Eggs on the car at all and assumed they were the same as in our Model S. Lots of people in our neighborhood have their christmas lights out and lit tonight. Just now thought I should have ran the Santa and the Reindeer one while driving by. I’m dying to see what the romance one is, not sure I want to find out about the toilet humor.

Hello,
I updated last night. My charging port got stuck and had to use manual release. Red Tesla icon solid red. I decided to give it a spin around the neighbourhood and came back home. The solid red Tesla logo got away.

On other topics, I noticed the Volume + and - on the far lower right corner has switched from vertical to horizontal. I liked it the way it was, vertical, but not big deal.

So far, I have not driven the car much to find out other changes.

Cheers!

Installed 46.2 yesterday and did a short drive with no issues. Today I went to leave and the charge port was locked up. Red indicator light and I could not remove the charging cable. I did a soft reset, unplugged the charger, tried unlocking via the screen and app, and no dice. Was on hold with Tesla for 20+ min and had to take another vehicle. Came home a few hours later and the car was charging from apparent vampire drain and I could remove the charging cable. It locked and unlocked a few times now. The charge port does constantly click.

Very unimpressed. If this happens tomorrow my wife will be late for work. Unacceptable. The car is dry, sitting in my 56 degree garage. No cold weather at all. What is this "manual release" you speak of?

(snipped)

Very unimpressed. If this happens tomorrow my wife will be late for work. Unacceptable. The car is dry, sitting in my 56 degree garage. No cold weather at all. What is this "manual release" you speak of?

The manual release cable for the supercharger cable (a plastic latch actually) is located in trunk. To reach it

1- Open trunk
2- Left side - above the little well (on top)
3- There is a sort of opening / cutout in the carpet fabric
4- Reach in : you will feel a cable with triangle rubber tab at the end.
5- If you pull that and the charge cable at the same time - it will release the cable.

If it's not entirely clear - I can make a video for you. I am surprised Tesla service did not make you try that.

Good luck!

The manual release cable for the supercharger cable (a plastic latch actually) is located in trunk. To reach it

1- Open trunk
5- If you pull that and the charge cable at the same time - it will release the cable.

If it's not entirely clear - I can make a video for you. I am surprised Tesla service did not make you try that.

Good luck!

Thanks! This method works. The technician I had was rude and insists I need to replace the whole charge port. He denys any plausibility this could be software related.

Thanks! This method works. The technician I had was rude and insists I need to replace the whole charge port. He denys any plausibility this could be software related.

Definitely have it checked. My service technician said they are looking into a fix. He told me to carry a lock de-icer product if I wanted to. The port is designed to let whatever liquid flow thru and I could use de-icer safely in the port.

1- Open trunk

Good luck!

There have been multiple reports about Tesla operators not mentioning the manual release. I remember a thread a few months ago with the OP having the adapter stuck in the port (so he could still drive) and they wanted him to drive 45 minutes to a service center to have it removed. Only after he complained about how far it was, did they tell him about the manual release (or possibly saw it elsewhere).

The funny thing is the manual release reference is in the owner's manual.

Is there something you have to do to get the updates to show up?

When you figure out the magic sacrifice and to what deity please let us all know.. The rhyme and reason behind who gets updates is black magic except for folks with enough referrals or other juju to get early access.

Sometimes being at a service center w/receptive staff and asking can get an update pushed 'early'

Mine is still 42.3 for weeks now, even as a number of other updates came along...

There was 3 before. 44.2 added a 4th level.

I received my car with 32.2 and there was 4 levels plus auto. Two intermittent modes and two constant modes.

What is this "manual release" you speak of?

Please. Read. The. Manual.

1- Open trunk

Good luck!

Just a note, this shouldn't be relied on with any regularity at all. If you find yourself releasing the charge port with the manual release, you should really have it looked at by a service center.

He could be denying software isn't the problem because there were a bunch of Model 3s that had to have their charge ports replaced. He very well could know something you don't since he's a company rep and can see all of the info that pertains to your VIN, and you can't.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has anyone else's front ultrasonics no longer register on the display? I.e. the curvy wave form at the very front of the car which also displays how close you are. All my front corners and full back register on the display, but the front ones do not. Autopilot does work however.

I noticed right away since when I park in my garage, I no longer can see how close the nose of my car is to the wall.