Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 46.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pushed the button of the Super Charger cable to unplug my P3D+. The tesla "T" that normally flashes green was now red and the cable wouldn't come out.

I called Tesla Customer support and selected that I had a roadside emergency - which was true because I was on what I called the roadside.

Immediately Customer Roadside Support indicated that I should pull the cable release located in the trunk right behind the charge port. I pulled it - and it released.

I've never had this issue before...I wonder if there is a problem with the "winter" updates that comes with the latest 44.x update that I loaded 2 days earlier.

Last edited:
Still on 42.2.1

I would LOVE anything higher...PLEASE!

Dan

This may or may not help: The obvious thing is to make sure you're connected to WiFi. But less obvious, do a reboot of the car while connected to you WiFi. I have done that a couple of times when I thought the update should have arrived. In both instances I got the update the day of the reboot. On one of the occasions it showed up literally 2 minutes after I rebooted.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrDabbles
I pushed the button of the Super Charger cable to unplug my P3D+. The tesla "T" that normally flashes green was now red and the cable wouldn't come out.

I called Tesla Customer support and selected that I had a roadside emergency - which was true because I was on what I called the roadside.

Immediately Customer Roadside Support indicated that I should pull the cable release located in the trunk right behind the charge port. I pulled it - and it released.

I've never had this issue before...I wonder if there is a problem with the "winter" updates that comes with the latest 42.x update that I loaded 2 days earlier.

Latest update isn't 42.x. The winter update came with 44.2. Which I have. The 46.2 update, which I don't have is apparently the latest.

This may or may not help: The obvious thing is to make sure you're connected to WiFi. But less obvious, do a reboot of the car while connected to you WiFi. I have done that a couple of times when I thought the update should have arrived. In both instances I got the update the day of the reboot. On one of the occasions it showed up literally 2 minutes after I rebooted.
I actually have a mobile tech coming out to my work tomorrow to replace the steering control module (turn signal bug). They said that they will be able to push the latest software available for my VIN at that time. Now I'm wondering what the latest version for my VIN is. Hmmmm....

Dan

I received my car with 32.2 and there was 4 levels plus auto. Two intermittent modes and two constant modes.

Please. Read. The. Manual.

Just a note, this shouldn't be relied on with any regularity at all. If you find yourself releasing the charge port with the manual release, you should really have it looked at by a service center.

He could be denying software isn't the problem because there were a bunch of Model 3s that had to have their charge ports replaced. He very well could know something you don't since he's a company rep and can see all of the info that pertains to your VIN, and you can't.

I did read the manual. Front to back. Before I even took delivery of the car. I failed to notice or remember this while my car was locked to the garage wall while I was late to get to where I needed to be.

I am well aware the technician could know something else about my car. However when he answered and asked my problem, and I began to describe the issue, he rudely cut me off and asked for my number so he could call me back later with a scheduled service date. Yes, there could be a problem with my charge port. However other reports of issues after the cold weather update make me believe it could very likely be software related. Simply trying to address it with software before I drive 1.5 hours to the nearest service station, or have Tesla spend their resources coming to me.

I've never had this issue before...I wonder if there is a problem with the "winter" updates that comes with the latest 44.x update that I loaded 2 days earlier.

A few weeks ago I received a "winter update". It was not 46.2 and I cannot recall the version. On Friday I installed 46.2 which the release notes also called a "winter update" and I've had issues since. Since @Garlan Garner also has the exact same issue I had with the recent software, it further increases my belief it is a software issue. However, I could be wrong.

Of note, I did unplug the factory UMC from the wall before pulling the manual release. I didn't want to risk an electrical arc. Pic of the release pull tab is below.

IMG_20181202_135157.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I’m on 44.1, avoided 44.2 when I heard the music issues, and just got a notification for the next update. Where does it say what update I’m going to? I’ve looked throughout the software, can’t find it?

For whatever reason it won’t tell you the version until after the update has finished installing. I still don’t quite get it, but that’s the way Tesla does things.

You most likely are going to get 2018.46.2 as this update is seeing a very large rollout this evening. My 3 just got an update notification just a few minutes ago. I’m upgrading from 2018.44.2 so I’ll be able to tell pretty quick if the bass issues are fixed with the audio.

Depends on the type of rain, any heavier than drizzle is fine.

That used to be the case for me, a few updates ago. But since 46.2 not at all.
There was also the episode in October when Tesla servers were having issues: EAP didn't work for most of the day, and neither did auto-wipers. All while I had a 2+hr drive in bad weather.

Don't get me wrong. Love the car! But I really hope they get these annoyances fixed for good.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrDabbles
For whatever reason it won’t tell you the version until after the update has finished installing. I still don’t quite get it, but that’s the way Tesla does things.

You most likely are going to get 2018.46.2 as this update is seeing a very large rollout this evening. My 3 just got an update notification just a few minutes ago. I’m upgrading from 2018.44.2 so I’ll be able to tell pretty quick if the bass issues are fixed with the audio.

Curious what your thoughts are on stereo sound after updat to 46.2(?). Any improvements?