Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 46.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the numbers of 46.2 going out now, it seems most of them are coming from 44.x
There are still a whole bunch on 42.x and that number seems to be falling quite slowly, definitely compared to the 44.x crowd.
I'm presupposed (wildly guessing in other words) that 46.2 has fixes for something in 44.x.
I'm still happily on 42.4, I'll wait for 48.x thanks :)

I used to plug into a supercharger and instantly I would hear a servo or something lock the cable onto the car.

Now ( 46.2 ) there is a delay. It doesn't bother me any. I'm wondering if this is somehow part of the winter package.

Again...I experienced yet another problem with trying to eject the charge cable from my car. The lighted T next to the charge cable was "red" and I had to pull the hidden release from inside of the trunk.

That isn't what emergency means. This is why people with emergencies are also waiting 20-30 minutes on hold.

I totally disagree. Who gets to tell me what my emergencies are?

Why don't you believe I had an emergency? Does anyone in the forum know what I had to do? Am I a heart surgeon slated to operate on one of your relatives - stuck at a supercharger?

Is it just me, or has anyone else's front ultrasonics no longer register on the display? I.e. the curvy wave form at the very front of the car which also displays how close you are. All my front corners and full back register on the display, but the front ones do not. Autopilot does work however.

I noticed right away since when I park in my garage, I no longer can see how close the nose of my car is to the wall.

Yes, there is something definitely different the way the front distance is displayed on the screen. After 46.2 installation today, it no longer displays both the back AND front distances simultaneously anymore as I try to park in the garage, unlike yesterday when I parked the car in the garage on 44.2. Although mine shows the curvy waves both front and back, only the numerical distances in the back are displayed on the screen as measured from my garage door's mounting pillar-walls at the sides - but not the front-on distance as the car's nose approaches the front wall! Not good...

Hmm just the front displays ok on mine. I backed out and back in and it showed up.

Attachments

• 299763523.png
    299763523.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 133
Reactions: noicepls
Yes, there is something definitely different the way the front distance is displayed on the screen. After 46.2 installation today, it no longer displays both the back AND front distances simultaneously anymore as I try to park in the garage, unlike yesterday when I parked the car in the garage on 44.2. Although mine shows the curvy waves both front and back, only the numerical distances in the back are displayed on the screen as measured from my garage door's mounting pillar-walls at the sides - but not the front-on distance as the car's nose approaches the front wall! Not good...

Noticed the same on my 46.2 update. Sometimes my ultrasonic sensors do not even show wavy in the front like I am approaching an object. We have a tight garage and used the distance display to park perfectly inside. I had measured when it was working on prior versions and the sensors were accurate to a 1/4".

• Informative
Reactions: noicepls
Still on 42.2.1

I would LOVE anything higher...PLEASE!

Dan
It never hurts to call Tesla Roadside Assistance 877-79TESLA & select option 2
((877) 798-3752)
Updates occasionally get “stuck”
It happened to me. The person on the phone can look into it and get it resolved for you. Requires some escalation.
It happened to me. Fixed within 24 hours.

It never hurts to call Tesla Roadside Assistance 877-79TESLA & select option 2
((877) 798-3752)
Updates occasionally get “stuck”
It happened to me. The person on the phone can look into it and get it resolved for you. Requires some escalation.
It happened to me. Fixed within 24 hours.
Actually, they came out to my work today to replace a steering column control module (turn signal issue) and pushed 46.2 while they were there.

Dan

I totally disagree. Who gets to tell me what my emergencies are?

Why don't you believe I had an emergency? Does anyone in the forum know what I had to do? Am I a heart surgeon slated to operate on one of your relatives - stuck at a supercharger?

No, you're not. And neither is the other person. And if you were, but decided to wait on hold for 30 minutes instead, then it obviously isn't an emergency or you're not an attentive surgeon.

Being plugged into your home charger and needing to unplug isn't a _roadside emergency_. At least you were on the road, but again, not an emergency. And in both cases, pulling the release cable solved the problem, so being more familiar with the contents of the manual and how to perform certain important functions would have negated the call entirely.

No, you're not. And neither is the other person. And if you were, but decided to wait on hold for 30 minutes instead, then it obviously isn't an emergency or you're not an attentive surgeon.

Being plugged into your home charger and needing to unplug isn't a _roadside emergency_. At least you were on the road, but again, not an emergency. And in both cases, pulling the release cable solved the problem, so being more familiar with the contents of the manual and how to perform certain important functions would have negated the call entirely.

How about this..

List a number of legitimate emergencies in your view.....and we will all follow your rules. LOL

You are hilarious.

This update must be going wide.
Got 2018.46.2 on our 2018 Model 3 LR RWD last night. Just got the notification this evening for our 2018 Model S 100D. Installing now...
View attachment 358005

Seems to be the case. I just installed it "via the App" when the notification popped up about 45 min. ago. (2012 Sig. S85) Still getting update luv! lol!! Even though I still think that V9 broke my touch screen and took me several steps backwards compared to the functionality I had in V8.

How about this..

List a number of legitimate emergencies in your view.....and we will all follow your rules. LOL

You are hilarious.

Vehicle disabled on the side of the road, like the shoulder or breakdown lane

That poses a safety risk to the occupants and anybody that may get out to investigate or repair the problem. Something where you might prefer some kind of safety while you address the issue, like a truck with flashing yellow lights. Or a tow truck to get you off the road and to a safe location.

I guess if I didn't need a tow truck, I wouldn't consider it an emergency.

Vehicle disabled on the side of the road, like the shoulder or breakdown lane

That poses a safety risk to the occupants and anybody that may get out to investigate or repair the problem. Something where you might prefer some kind of safety while you address the issue, like a truck with flashing yellow lights. Or a tow truck to get you off the road and to a safe location.

I guess if I didn't need a tow truck, I wouldn't consider it an emergency.

Your only emergencies require a tow truck? I'm glad that's not Tesla's viewpoint.

Actually, they came out to my work today to replace a steering column control module (turn signal issue) and pushed 46.2 while they were there.

Dan
Had the exact same experience today. Replaced my steering column control module and then I told them that my version is stuck so the tech got on his laptop, pressed a few buttons and presto, the update came.

Reactions: Dan Detweiler