Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 46.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It never hurts to call Tesla Roadside Assistance 877-79TESLA & select option 2
((877) 798-3752)
Updates occasionally get “stuck”
It happened to me. The person on the phone can look into it and get it resolved for you. Requires some escalation.
It happened to me. Fixed within 24 hours.
#markbrokeit
Just curious why you disagreed with this?

New Issue on 46.2. After the update I drove the car to work uneventfully, on the way home yesterday afternoon I got three messages:
  1. Traction Control Failure
  2. Automatic Emergency Braking Failure
  3. Regenerative Braking Failure.
I drove it for about 20 minutes and after chatting with service, I wound up getting a tow to the nearest SC out of an abundance of caution. Service just pushed a new update (I'm not sure which one), but in the meantime, I'm driving an Audi A3. It has keys. No preconditioning. It lurches when it changes gears. It's small. And it's made me remember just how awesome the M3 is, even if it is in the shop today. :)

Edit: Wow -- that was fast. No sooner had I clicked Post Reply, but I get a notice from the SC that the car is ready to be picked up. They replaced the SCCM and it's working now with no issues. Great service!

One change I noticed from 44.2 to 46.2 is the climate control window now automatically hides itself after awhile. Before if you opened it then it would stay up forever until you tap on something else.
I preferred it that way unless the Recirculation mode also now times out automatically after a few minutes if the climate control window closes, which my navigator used to leave on as a reminder to manually turn off recirculation mode after following Smoky or Stinky. Driving on Recirculation with no reminder of it being engaged is not good.

New Issue on 46.2. After the update I drove the car to work uneventfully, on the way home yesterday afternoon I got three messages:
  1. Traction Control Failure
  2. Automatic Emergency Braking Failure
  3. Regenerative Braking Failure.
I drove it for about 20 minutes and after chatting with service, I wound up getting a tow to the nearest SC out of an abundance of caution. Service just pushed a new update (I'm not sure which one), but in the meantime, I'm driving an Audi A3. It has keys. No preconditioning. It lurches when it changes gears. It's small. And it's made me remember just how awesome the M3 is, even if it is in the shop today. :)

Edit: Wow -- that was fast. No sooner had I clicked Post Reply, but I get a notice from the SC that the car is ready to be picked up. They replaced the SCCM and it's working now with no issues. Great service!
I got the same errors a few weeks ago. I called roadside and they had me soft reset, then hard reset and the problem went away. I haven't had problems since.

Glad they fixed yours. Curious if they had you try a reset before replacing the SCCM?

hopefully it fixes where your car flashes the 'Car Needs Service - battery charge is unavailable' alert while you are driving and not even charging the car and then when you finally get home you plug the charger in and it charges anyway bug/real problem of 44.2?

actually i just got the upgrade to 44.2 from 42.4 a day ago when my car came out of Tesla Service for window and turn signal lever replacement and one thing I noticed is it used to nag me literally every 20 sec in autopilot to have my hands on the wheel when they were and even giving considerable pressure to the steering. since 44.2 it hasn't asked me once and must be sensing the hands on the wheel better.

I preferred it that way unless the Recirculation mode also now times out automatically after a few minutes if the climate control window closes, which my navigator used to leave on as a reminder to manually turn off recirculation mode after following Smoky or Stinky. Driving on Recirculation with no reminder of it being engaged is not good.

one thing i noticed is you can enable the climate control by pushing the greyed out temperature when it's off but if it's on and you want to turn it off you can't just hit the temperature but have to go into the fan and find the power button instead. really wish tapping the temp would turn it off as well as on. Also it seems pretty obscure to recognize climate is off when that temp is slightly grey vs white. I'd think it should be more obvious it's off. Is there any way to have it automatically enable climate control whenever you get in the car? Usually when I sit in the car it is always off for some reason when I would prefer it always on as long as I am in the car.

Reactions: lupend88
one thing i noticed is you can enable the climate control by pushing the greyed out temperature when it's off but if it's on and you want to turn it off you can't just hit the temperature but have to go into the fan and find the power button instead. really wish tapping the temp would turn it off as well as on.

You can tap and hold the fan button to turn climate control off. You don't have to go in to the settings.