Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Zemaker. I had an issue that my car could not get past update 36.2. I contacted TESLA and they told me the car's firmware was blocked and would need a Service center visit. Then I received a call from local dealer and he was able to force update through. I received V42.4 and the new features of V9 are great compared to V8. My only issue is that I do not have the summon feature showing up in Autopilot. The tech said they will look into it and get back to me.

I too am stuck on 36.2 when I normally get my updates pretty fast. My brother picked up a Model 3 as well a couple weeks back and it came with 32.x something. Within hours he got the update and I was parked next to him.

When I went to the SC to pick it up with him I told the tech too see if he could force an update and basically told me to just wait for it OTA.

I'm going to call Tesla tomorrow.

I too am stuck on 36.2 when I normally get my updates pretty fast. My brother picked up a Model 3 as well a couple weeks back and it came with 32.x something. Within hours he got the update and I was parked next to him.

When I went to the SC to pick it up with him I told the tech too see if he could force an update and basically told me to just wait for it OTA.

I'm going to call Tesla tomorrow.

I finally got 42.4 which was great but did not include Summon. I am in Canada and TESLA told it was not available yet?? Three days later, I received 44.1 which now includes Summon. I'm not sure if I am receiving these quicker as I have recently parked the car indoors where it has strong connection to WiFi. Either way, I am happy now to be finally caught up!

I'm a new M3 owner and it would be helpful to know where I can find a list of software updates that are available by date. Is there a place on the car or app to find the next scheduled update? I've only had one update and was notified after the fact. I looked through messages but didn't see anything consistent. Thanks!