Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Version 2018.26.x has lock confirmation sounds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
I know this was a feature request by some here. It looks like Tesla has listened. According to greentheonly on the Tesla subreddit, 2018.26 Software Megathread • r/teslamotors, the release notes for 2018.26 contain this release note text for the Model 3:

Lock Confirmation Sound

Model 3 is now able to emit confirmation sounds when locked, unlocked, or if there is a mislock (for example, if a door is not fully closed). To enable this feature, tap Controls -> Locks -> Settings -> Lock Confirmation Sound.
greentheonly has been known to somehow get a hold of the actual raw software download and able to grab out the release note text from it. He or she was able to grab the full Model 3 release notes for the 2018.24.x version before anyone else even had a screenshot, so I take them as a reliable source.

Currently no known Model 3's in the wild have any version of 2018.26.x currently installed.

And someone else posted this in that same thread, 2018.26 Software Megathread • r/teslamotors, on the Tesla subreddit:

Model 3 : 2016.26 fixes a bluetooth phone call echo problem, map rendering fixed, smoother EAP, USB root exploit patched, CAN bus root exploit patched, WiFi SSID scan issue fixed, Slacker and podcast song pause issue fixed. Summon issues fixed relating to backing out of very tight spaces ( no sudden steering ). Add feature to use horn to signal lock/unlock/failed lock of doors.
I'm not familiar with the poster, martinbogo, and don't know what their source for this info is, but these would be welcome fixes as well.

Great... now all I have to do is take my model 3 to the SC for an imaginary issue. That seems to be the only way i get these updates

Heh, I'd wait until we have at least a handful of reported installs of this version. As I mentioned above it seems that no Model 3 in the wild has 2018.26.x yet. The latest version available publicly for the Model 3 at the moment is 2018.24.8.

Kinda interesting to learn that there are internal release notes that details all of the stability fixes. Wish those could be part of the public notes too, though I totally get that that kind of info only appeals to the technogeeks.

I hope this horn sound is a quick "chirp" and not a heavy handed horn blast like all those minivans in the parking lot that love scaring the hell out of people walking by!

My guess is that it's a very quick beep of the horn. My Mustang did this if I double tapped the lock button on the fob, not very loud at all.

Having the audible is excellent news (I had posted a request for it here). But honestly I would love for this community to be more predictably influential over enhancements. I really wish someone with the technical know-how would create a site or database that this community could add suggested enhancements and vote them up or down. That way next time Tesla is feeling charitable with the user community, they wouldn't have to go further than the top of the said list!