Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Version 2018.26.x has lock confirmation sounds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But are those notes really in the firmware, or does that person have another source for the information they shared?

It could be completely made up as well. I asked the person on reddit what their source was for that info but they have yet to reply. It would be great if we could get access to more detailed release notes like this but I doubt we'll ever see that happen unless someone starts leaking them.

Just got 24.8, nothing super new besides mention of automatic slowing on off-ramps and that the set cruise speed will have a blue rotating circle when it is doing this.

Also, i'm kinda bummed that summon puts the seat into a driving position when it starts and then puts it back to Easy Access after. Why does a ghost driver need a different seat position?? Just unnecessary wear on the seat mechanisms :(

Also, i'm kinda bummed that summon puts the seat into a driving position when it starts and then puts it back to Easy Access after. Why does a ghost driver need a different seat position?? Just unnecessary wear on the seat mechanisms :(

Curious, didn’t know it did that! I agree, seems unnecessary to do but I don’t really see that great of a possibility on wear, especially since when it happens without a driver in the seat there’s a lot less resistance to the mechanism with no human body to move along with the seat.

Reactions: emorog
Having the audible is excellent news (I had posted a request for it here). But honestly I would love for this community to be more predictably influential over enhancements. I really wish someone with the technical know-how would create a site or database that this community could add suggested enhancements and vote them up or down. That way next time Tesla is feeling charitable with the user community, they wouldn't have to go further than the top of the said list!

I've had that passing thought, and then I happened to revisit UserVoice, which is a provider of exactly that -- I was at waze.uservoice.com as it happens. I don't think it's very successful, and don't think it would be without aggressive and constant full-time editing. (Duplicate merging, tagging, ambiguity resolution, categorization...)

Finally! I don’t like the mirrors to fold all the time. And I hate not having a confirmation chirp or sound for locking the car.

I don’t want it for unlocking because I don’t need people to know I’m unlocking my car. But definitely want to know when it’s locked.

I’ve had a few times when I walked away and the car never locked. Not cool

I am *still* on 21.9 and I have had the car since July 3rd. Seems odd that it is taking so long to get up to version 24... I want some of the enhancements in 24!

Is it typical to take this long to roll out to everyone? Seems like enthusiasts should be allowed to "pull" an update somewhat before it would "push" to them on an automated basis. Enthusiasts are more likely to be willing to tolerate issues and to report feedback...

I was still on 21.9 too and would still be on it if my car didn't have to go in. I specifically requested them to push the software. Got 24.8 yesterday.

Found some more issues with my car. I'll hold off on bringing it back in until I hear 26 comes out. They always dirty my car inside and out and the loaners they have look great at first glance, but suck once you use them and find out their quirks.

Jaguar XF: didn't have the upgraded interior package. Most uncomfortable and flat seats and really bad UI. Leather was the crappiest I've ever encountered. Economy cars from 15 years ago work better as cars.

Infinity Q70 coupe: beautiful, but fairly cramped for such a large coupe. No rear A/C and trunk is convertible small.

Chrysler 300S: best of the bunch, but no audio controls on steering wheel and the touch screen buttons are smaller and harder to find than on the Model 3. Trunk is ridiculously small for such a large car and the opening is barely bigger than the convertible (ie mailbox slot) sized Q70's. Sucks gas like crazy without any performance. Least it had A/C in the rear (I looked at a Volvo too, but it didn't have a/c in the back). It's 105 here and these rentals usually have black interiors. Good a/c is required here.

And someone else posted this in that same thread, 2018.26 Software Megathread • r/teslamotors, on the Tesla subreddit:

Model 3 : 2016.26 fixes a bluetooth phone call echo problem, map rendering fixed, smoother EAP, USB root exploit patched, CAN bus root exploit patched, WiFi SSID scan issue fixed, Slacker and podcast song pause issue fixed. Summon issues fixed relating to backing out of very tight spaces ( no sudden steering ). Add feature to use horn to signal lock/unlock/failed lock of doors.
I'm not familiar with the poster, martinbogo, and don't know what their source for this info is, but these would be welcome fixes as well.

That looks suspiciously like a change log. As in what many have asked for per release since day one. And imagine that - it exists.

Be still my widdle heart.

Finally! I don’t like the mirrors to fold all the time. And I hate not having a confirmation chirp or sound for locking the car.

I don’t want it for unlocking because I don’t need people to know I’m unlocking my car. But definitely want to know when it’s locked.

I’ve had a few times when I walked away and the car never locked. Not cool
I've thought of this as well. Bad guy sees a Model 3 (or S/X I guess) in a parking lot with mirrors open, automatically know it's unlocked.

I am *still* on 21.9 and I have had the car since July 3rd. Seems odd that it is taking so long to get up to version 24... I want some of the enhancements in 24!

Is it typical to take this long to roll out to everyone? Seems like enthusiasts should be allowed to "pull" an update somewhat before it would "push" to them on an automated basis. Enthusiasts are more likely to be willing to tolerate issues and to report feedback...

I have had my car since lat April and have had 3 updates on these dates so it does take a while sometimes
8.1 2018.18.13 27-May-2018 OTA
8.1 2018.21.9 12-June-2018 OTA
8.1 2018.24.8 18-July-2018 OTA

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    216 bytes · Views: 32
Meh. As long as there is a way of turning off the chirp I'm fine. I've been using the keycard from day one. When locking I watch the mirrors fold and then I walk away. Don't have to look back as I leave. Don't have to worry about the car unlocking if my phone gets within range.

I'm still waiting for control over the auto-dimming mirrors; like them without tint at night. Still waiting for CHAdeMO support. Still waiting for a fob. NOT waiting anymore for my car :) .

Reactions: noicepls
Meh. As long as there is a way of turning off the chirp I'm fine. I've been using the keycard from day one. When locking I watch the mirrors fold and then I walk away. Don't have to look back as I leave. Don't have to worry about the car unlocking if my phone gets within range.

This is exactly what my wife and I have been doing so far, after initially experiencing hit-and-miss iPhone malfunctions and unreliability as a phone key. The key card is 100% reliable. And those folding mirrors take only a second to start folding before walking away from the car.