Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Version 2018.26.x has lock confirmation sounds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The release notes only mention the locking sound topic.

Attachments

• 29244A5C-DCB4-4826-8FB5-D43124AAA614.jpeg
    29244A5C-DCB4-4826-8FB5-D43124AAA614.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 137
I got the update today and the lock sound is a much appreciated addition.
I was worried it would be an obnoxious honk, but they managed to get just the smallest imaginable sound out of a horn. Not too loud, but I can just hear it as my garage door is closing. Shouldn't be a problem with late nights or early mornings and pissing off the neighbors.

Reactions: Blu Angel and fseir
I know this was a feature request by some here. It looks like Tesla has listened. According to greentheonly on the Tesla subreddit, 2018.26 Software Megathread • r/teslamotors, the release notes for 2018.26 contain this release note text for the Model 3:

Lock Confirmation Sound

Model 3 is now able to emit confirmation sounds when locked, unlocked, or if there is a mislock (for example, if a door is not fully closed). To enable this feature, tap Controls -> Locks -> Settings -> Lock Confirmation Sound.
greentheonly has been known to somehow get a hold of the actual raw software download and able to grab out the release note text from it. He or she was able to grab the full Model 3 release notes for the 2018.24.x version before anyone else even had a screenshot, so I take them as a reliable source.

Currently no known Model 3's in the wild have any version of 2018.26.x currently installed.

Saw this on reddit. r/teslamotors - Update rolled back?

OP confirmed he's not the only one having the issue. not sure if it's going to affect the mass rollout. :eek:

Hearing that this rollout has been halted due to locking up cars.... Can anyone confirm this?

I think I saw that same claim on reddit as well. Haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else. If there was an issue I would expect to hear from at least one of the people here that were lucky enough to get the update. But then if you look at TeslaFi the updates seem to have halted over the weekend. Could be an issue with the update or possibly Tesla is just waiting to verify stuff on the installs that took place on Friday and Saturday. Either way it's been over 6 weeks since the last update to my Model 3. Just hoping I get some sort of update before I hit week number 7!

I think I saw that same claim on reddit as well. Haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else. If there was an issue I would expect to hear from at least one of the people here that were lucky enough to get the update. But then if you look at TeslaFi the updates seem to have halted over the weekend. Could be an issue with the update or possibly Tesla is just waiting to verify stuff on the installs that took place on Friday and Saturday. Either way it's been over 6 weeks since the last update to my Model 3. Just hoping I get some sort of update before I hit week number 7!

i have a bad feeling it's gonna be longer at this rate. :( i was optimistic with 26.1 till the crashing/rollback update rumors and the # of installs reported on TeslaFi. :eek: i'm very skeptical of an August v9 update...

i have a bad feeling it's gonna be longer at this rate. :( i was optimistic with 26.1 till the crashing/rollback update rumors and the # of installs reported on TeslaFi. :eek: i'm very skeptical of an August v9 update...

As others have already stated, Elon never said August of which year when he made the version 9 proclamation :rolleyes:

It could also be that most development effort is on v9 at this point and that is why the v8.1 is lagging... (They may have tried to pull features from v9 back to v8.1, and things like that often cause unintended problems.)