Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first got my SR+ the car said up-to-date even though it wasn’t. Maybe they wait a couple of hundred miles to make sure calibration etc is ok before updating? No doubt cars could be delivered up to date but then you wouldn’t get the psychological benefit of the car bring ‘updated’.

I left the car (with only 450 miles on the odometer) parked at Heathrow for 2 weeks and it downloaded to latest 2019.32.2.2 over LTE. As an aside I parked with a range of 182 miles, got back to the car with 162 miles range. 20 miles fantom drain seems not too bad to me.

Software update frequency is an art unto itself. I understand the novelty, but provided your car doesn't fail to download updates altogether, for months on end, then I suggest you just leave it be. if there is something you particular want them maybe ask Tesla if they will push an update; however, I particularly wanted the Reindeer Christmas Easter (Ha!Ha!) Egg when that came out to amuse the kids ... the Tesla Push I asked for actually downloaded it in February :( ... still works every Christmas, but novelty has worn off ...

My car got exceptionally infrequent updates, mostly only when it went inf or service, for a year or 18 months. I gave up caring about it (yeah, i had asked Tesla to sort it out at service, they said there was nothing wrong).

Nothing has changed, at some point the car started getting updates very regularly. No idea why ...

Apparently Tesla target software versions so latest targeted for one vehicle may not be same as another.

But yes, no reason why Model 3 should not be on 2019.28 or 2019.32. That is probably down to signal strength and cars being updated in round robin fashion.

That is probably down to signal strength and cars being updated in round robin fashion

Based on all the Folk Lore I've read over the years about software rollout I wouldn't make that assumption. But maybe it has improved and Tesla are rolling out faster for the whole fleet ... TeslaFi is only showing 80% of the Fleet on 2019.32.2.1 or better, of which only 51% on 2019.32.2.2, and we are in a time of stability so updates are probably small and relatively safe to distribute widely.

if the V10 rollout is widespread and fast I will reappraise my opinion of Tesla Rollouts ... particularly if there aren't m/any bugs!

Picked up my M3 AWD 3 days ago (Nov 7 - Yay!) and although everything says its software is the latest version / totally up to date, I am only on 2019.27.103, which seems miles behind nearly everyone else. Learning that Tesla seems to have quite a unique way of managing things. Is it just to get all the owners constantly discussing their cars with each other & comparing notes?

Picked my car up last week and it had 2019.32.12.4 which was pretty much bang up to date

seems miles behind nearly everyone else

On the CONFIG Software menu

note whether it says "Your car software is up to date"

On "Software Update Preference" set to ADVANCED to become early adopter of new releases, and (probably best with car on WiFi) press and hold the ADVANCED button to see if that will offer to download later version.

Picked up my M3 AWD 3 days ago (Nov 7 - Yay!) and although everything says its software is the latest version / totally up to date, I am only on 2019.27.103, which seems miles behind nearly everyone else. Learning that Tesla seems to have quite a unique way of managing things. Is it just to get all the owners constantly discussing their cars with each other & comparing notes?

I also picked up last week and am on the same version as you. I even asked if I had the latest version of the software and they said yes. My son is gutted there is no Cuphead yet :D