Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From RiggerJon on M3OC forum:

I imagine it's basically the same as the Model S/X. The parking sensor UI is not part of EAP, only self parking:

IMG_4124.jpg

You can mute the noise. We have a tight garage and parking in it makes the sensors very angry, if I couldn't get rid of the noise it would drive me nuts.
Ours is so tight we need to get the washer and dryer hookups moved to the spare bedroom to get the Volt or the Model S inside, then the S will require summon to get in or out ,unless the driver wants to spend the night in the car or exit through the hatch

Did TSportline get a car to measure? I haven't seen anything posted that verifies the actual PCD. In the meantime, I think that Tsportline is guessing just like everyone else.

The PCD was verified/measured by TrevP on M3OC. It is 5x4.5 or aka 5x114.3

Source:Wheel/tyre discussion

85B5CDA5-39C0-4922-81C2-23CBD0D104FD.jpeg

And yes, the tool is being used correctly. This tool measures adjacent lugs on a 5 bolt pattern.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, Tesla has charging speed versus breaker rating up for the 3.

Home charging installation

11mph on 15A is pretty awesome, as is the implied energy efficiency of ~250Wh/mile for the 3 and that's pretty consistent all the way up to it's maximum charge current.

upload_2017-10-19_19-56-6.png

upload_2017-10-19_19-58-37.png

Thanks @FlatSix911 ! That info isn't available on the Canadian page.

I have a 40 amp breaker running to a Sun Country Highway/Clipper Creek EV40P in my garage, so, when I get my Model 3 I can expect it to charge at 32 amps/7.7 kW and get ~48kmph. That makes me very happy indeed.
I don't think that is correct. I read the chart to mean at 32amps/7.7kW you will get 30mph, whether standard battery or long range battery.

You would need a 60amp breaker (with appropriate wiring) putting out 48amps/11.5kW to get 44mph. This of course presumes that you have the long range battery. You won't be able to achieve these results with the standard battery, which will still only charge at 30mph.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: SmartElectric
I don't think that is correct. I read the chart to mean at 32amps/7.7kW you will get 30mph, whether standard battery or long range battery.

You would need a 60amp breaker (with appropriate wiring) putting out 48amps/11.5kW to get 44mph. This of course presumes that you have the long range battery. You won't be able to achieve these results with the standard battery, which will still only charge at 30mph.
@SmartElectric you gave my post a "disagree" without explanation. Where did I get this wrong? I am always open to new information.

The post you replied to listed 48 kmph, km per hour, not miles, you should read closer before correcting someones post.
Ah, got it, thank you. I didn't understand the kmph per hour reference because the chart is written in mph. I thought for consistency the units of measure would have been the same. Just shows how ethnocentric we are here in the US. I guess that is why Tesla's chart is not present on the Canadian site, because it has yet to be translated into metric units. So yes, 30mph equals about 48kmph. A simple misunderstanding that has now been corrected better than a "disagree" rating.

Reactions: SageBrush