Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Squished

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I would post as I figured some folks may be interested to see a rear end collision. If I get more details I will follow up.

That looks like, but worse, than another recent rear ending where a Mac dump truck rear end a Model 3 in Canada: Tesla model 3 accident with a Mack truck

e7866875-bc3a-43cf-aa4d-34b2a148f305-jpeg.392556

The rear seat area looks intact to me. The crumpling stopped roughly above the rear axle. Seeing this amount of rear crumple zone damage makes me cringe, however, at the thought of seating passengers in the 3rd row of any mid-sized crossover. Crossovers generally don't leave more than a few feet between the rear seat back and the back of the car.

Reactions: qwertzy and 0ptions
I saw a pic of the truck but it was shot from far away so I can't tell what damage it incurred. It looked to be a 4 door pickup. I believe it is the black one sideways in the picture. I wasn't their so the photos are what a co-worker snapped while he was at the accident.

Attachments

• 20190402_171302.jpg
    20190402_171302.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 67
The most remarkable thing in the original picture is a real, live VW e-Golf. I've never seen one in the wild.

Seriously, I hope that everyone is okay. Whiplash-type injuries aren't always apparent in the immediate aftermath of such collisions.