Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ Audio upgrade UK installers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After purchasing our car (which we are currently waiting for delivery of) we discovered that the Audio on the SR plus doesn't include the Amp, sub and additional speakers that the LR & Performance does.

We fear that the SR+ will be lacking in bass so would like the 2 front pillar speakers to work + a sub & amp in the location where it would be if we got premium audio.

Is there anyone in the UK that has done the upgrade themselves or are there are any companies who offer this kind of upgrade?

Alternatively has anyone just added a standard sub and amp and achieved a similar sound to the premium audio?

I think the sound in the SR+ in the front is pretty decent.
I think if you’re in the rear seats, you might find it lacking but my kids have their headphones on so it’s not a problem for me.

However to answer your question, Yes there are upgrades.

• Informative
Reactions: Medved_77
I think if you’re in the rear seats, you might find it lacking but my kids have their headphones on so it’s not a problem for me.

Thanks for this very helpful we will take a look. I guess we felt spoilt when we test drove the LR and had a party in the car on our test drive, it was a selling point for us so finding out that we won't get the same sound in the SR is making us feel we won't be happy with it when it comes. We did go back to try and get a demo of the SR + system but they only had the LR + Performance to try so I guess we will just have to wait and hope. If not we will look into one of these upgrade options.

Thanks again for all who have responded so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for this very helpful we will take a look. I guess we felt spoilt when we test drove the LR and had a party in the car on our test drive, it was a selling point for us so finding out that we won't get the same sound in the SR is making us feel we won't be happy with it when it comes. We did go back to try and get a demo of the SR + system but they only had the LR + Performance to try so I guess we will just have to wait and hope. If not we will look into one of these upgrade options.

Thanks again for all who have responded so far

One more question based on the 1st link has anyone ordered from here and if so what options did ppl go for and how easy was the installation?

Last edited by a moderator:
After purchasing our car (which we are currently waiting for delivery of) we discovered that the Audio on the SR plus doesn't include the Amp, sub and additional speakers that the LR & Performance does.

We fear that the SR+ will be lacking in bass so would like the 2 front pillar speakers to work + a sub & amp in the location where it would be if we got premium audio.

Is there anyone in the UK that has done the upgrade themselves or are there are any companies who offer this kind of upgrade?

Alternatively has anyone just added a standard sub and amp and achieved a similar sound to the premium audio?

I’ll be first to admit that I’m not massively into the whole hi spec audio scene but my advice would be to wait until you have taken delivery and see what you find the audio to be like before going ahead with an upgrade - you might find it’s fine as it is.

Compared to some other cars I have, I find the audio great - I agree with person above that it’s a little bit quieter in the back of the car than the front but otherwise I find it fine - certainly don’t hear any road / wind / background noise over your music if you don’t want too :)

Reactions: Tashou17
So got my car last weekend. Love but I do feel I need to look into upgrading the speakers some how. To me it's missing a little bit of fullness and base.

I'm going to look at the hansshow offers but not sure what option is best. I saw on some of the US threads there is something called Tesla offer not sure what that is.

If anyone has any has any experience or suggestions would be greatful

I got that upgrade too but didn't notice any significant difference in my SR+. I'm looking to upgrade to LR-quality audio too. Although mine is 'good', I remember the LR audio was much better, (more 'spatial'?) during the test drive December last year.
Before i do upgrade, I'll try to find out if the Spotify app in the car is limited in data-rate. It sounds like it is, compared to good data-rate recordings on a USB drive. Anyone know?

I got that upgrade too but didn't notice any significant difference in my SR+. I'm looking to upgrade to LR-quality audio too. Although mine is 'good', I remember the LR audio was much better, (more 'spatial'?) during the test drive December last year.
Before i do upgrade, I'll try to find out if the Spotify app in the car is limited in data-rate. It sounds like it is, compared to good data-rate recordings on a USB drive. Anyone know?
Spotify is definitely not lossless and comes in several streaming quality flavours, 96kbps, 160 and 320. I’d actually like to know what you actually get in the car, too. Does it say anywhere?