Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ pickup day tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drivers licence not actually required. The car greets you through your APP. No human based ID required for handover. Hello. Here is your car, off you go ! The future is here.

This is good news. Since ordering the Tesla I have been stressing about mis-placing my licence.

I used to hire cars abroad for work most weeks, it was an endless source of shame we had the stupid paper counter part.

I'm loving the future :)

What's the deal with the centre caps? They are missing or don't come with the car?

If you remove the aero covers to reveal the alloys then centre caps and nut covers are needed to smarten things up. Guessing none left at SC. I think it's time for me to commit to getting some 3rd party caps and covers.

EXCITING Reg Number Update:
I received an email from Tesla this PM, and have now secured my insurance from Churchill all in time for the journey home tomorrow!

EXCITING Type 2 Cable Update:
They've assured me that the cable will be with the car.

LESS EXCITING Centre Cap Update:
They haven't got any of these and 'will ask the parts team to call [me] regarding the alloy hub trim/cap kit as this will be purchased from our service center'. Looks like Chinese eBay will be the real winner here! :)

Oh, and it's a BL19 prefix for anyone invested in that sort of thing.

Now what do I do with my evening?! (opens Model 3 owner manual PDF).

Picking mine up tomorrow! Still not had the registration yet! What time of day did you get it? They don't give you long to sort out insurance do they!

Reactions: 1 person
Picking mine up tomorrow! Still not had the registration yet! What time of day did you get it? They don't give you long to sort out insurance do they!

Got mine 3pm yesterday afternoon.

But I'd called around and got the insurance company to agree to the price pending the registration. So when I did get it, I literally just had to call up, retrieve the quote and pay.

Reactions: davidmc

Picking mine up tomorrow too. Still no reg. I have insurance sorted already just have to call them with reg when I get it so that it becomes active.

Note if you still have to sort insurance even with the reg you get today it will probably not show a car assigned to that reg in the insurance database yet if you're using price comparison sites.

Reactions: 1 person
Picking mine up tomorrow too. Still no reg. I have insurance sorted already just have to call them with reg when I get it so that it becomes active.

Note if you still have to sort insurance even with the reg you get today it will probably not show a car assigned to that reg in the insurance database yet if you're using price comparison sites.

Same - Insurance is good to go! Have you actually been phoned by them? I've just a couple of reminder emails and a few SMS!

are they serious issues? can you share pics,

Congratulations on the day finally arriving, its some day.

If I can offer any advice from my first few days, the little (H) on the top right of the screen is probably the most important and understated bit of information. I learned this the hard way after nearly rolling backwards into the car behind just after leaving Heathrow SC. Brake releases brake, not intuitive. RTFM!

So where are the pics of your car? Everybody loves pics.