Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR vs. SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned a LR RWD for over a year now with EAP, which to me was a complete waste of money and if I could get a 3k credit to go down to just TACC I'd do it in a heartbeat. Tomorrow we are picking up an SR for my wife who has 0 interest in AP since she's been in the car and screamed multiple times "Why do you use this?!" when the AP randomly slams on the brakes on highways. She also has serious neck issues and is very prone to whiplash incidents. So for 4k less we are getting a car that basically has the same "day to day" range as an SR+ since we can charge to 100% and no TACC. We get the $1875 rebate right before expiration and a $2k instant rebate in NY state, Making the car more like $31k. Perfectly fine with that. Different strokes for different folks. I talked her out of a BMW X1 for this car.
Amen!

I’ve heard rumors of the basic SR charging slower than the other model 3s... any truth to that? In the market for a model 3.

If you are using the standard home charger included with the car it will charge all Model 3’s at the same rate (30 miles per hour). If you buy a Wall Connector, it will charge LR models at about 45 miles per hour while SR/SR+ will still charge at 30 miles per hour.

Supercharging was slower with both SR/SR+ models but a recent software update made it much faster.

Reactions: vickh
There's a lot of mis information and bad examples. Here's a counter example:

I have a base SR w/AP
-never had phantom breaking and I drive 140+ miles a day RT.

-The SR and SR+ both have the same sound system. Tesla disconnected the door triangle tweeters, the rear deck speakers, and removed the rear sub. You can add a sub and rewire the other speakers. I did it...and holy **** it was worth the $250 I spent and 8hrs.

-some Sr people have immersive sound, some don't, along with fog lights, ya just roll the dice with that one.

-also...you can call later on to add the SR+ package back to your car it's going to be $4500.
Would love to hear how you hooked up those speakers.

Reactions: Matsayz