Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Range (Canada) Range: 150km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I went to Tesla Montreal to get more info about the Model 3 Standard Range. The sellers seems not to have all information how the car was reacting to the software reduced battery limits.

Does anybody received the car?

If yes, will charge time be reduced to get 100% or reacts like a 386km range car?

Hello, I went to Tesla Montreal to get more info about the Model 3 Standard Range. The sellers seems not to have all information how the car was reacting to the software reduced battery limits.

Does anybody received the car?

If yes, will charge time be reduced to get 100% or reacts like a 386km range car?

Has anyone actually ordered one of these? Given the price difference, the SR+ is the way to go. The Canadian SR is a true compliance car, in that it only exists to satisfy an arbitrary government requirement. Nobody is expected to actually buy it.

Has anyone actually ordered one of these? Given the price difference, the SR+ is the way to go. The Canadian SR is a true compliance car, in that it only exists to satisfy an arbitrary government requirement. Nobody is expected to actually buy it.
Wait. Are we looking at the same cars? The SR+ is $10K more. That's not an insignificant amount of cash.

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
You can get the SR - (150km) without AP. I had my old order SR (350km) ninja (no notification) changed to the SR- and price was 44,999.

So yes it is 53700 - 44,999 which is a significant amount of money. Mind you lose a significant amount of range too.

But with recommended charge from 20%-80% (multiple advisors said 80 even though I know website suggests 90). You are left with again -40% range on usual days... Just food for thought

I have never heard of much a buyer on any forum or Telsa group, so until we have proof I will continue to believe this is only a compliance car, not real.
At least I presume you can charge the 150km model to 100% without any issue, correct?

I have never heard of much a buyer on any forum or Telsa group, so until we have proof I will continue to believe this is only a compliance car, not real.
At least I presume you can charge the 150km model to 100% without any issue, correct?

It is in Tesla's interest to pretend like they sold some. Otherwise the Canadian Federal government might be a little annoyed that a non-existent base model qualified the higher trim for the rebate.

I would get it if I can upgrade AP and unlock range a week after delivery or something for sale price. BC will save $550 in tax. 12 vs 13% tax.

I would get it if I can upgrade AP and unlock range a week after delivery or something for sale price. BC will save $550 in tax. 12 vs 13% tax.
I would be very careful about a buy now / unlock later plan. I've seen some threads musing that Tesla can't unlock the range, not because of technical issues obviously but because the Federal government wouldn't allow it.

i got one for my mum daily use, she is retired. so not much driving. there are some issues with my order just happened, initially when i placed my order it was with partial premium interior, but now the purchase agreement showing standard interior which makes me a little confuse. i am planning to call the customer service first thing tmr morning.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 10.52.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 10.52.09 PM.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 697
i got one for my mum daily use, she is retired. so not much driving. there are some issues with my order just happened, initially when i placed my order it was with partial premium interior, but now the purchase agreement showing standard interior which makes me a little confuse. i am planning to call the customer service first thing tmr morning.

I figure it could make sense for someone out there... I’ve been fine with my leaf on 150km do the Tesla is basically a luxury version of that..

One cool thing could be if they lock the voltage range so that you can supercharge to 100% without a taper.

Correct, when Tesla software lock 60 on 75kwh car. You could get high Supercharge rate until the very end of the software limit.

Tesla software would also balance the cell automatically, it will use every cell available. So theoretically the life span of the battery should be even higher than the "normal version".

I would be very careful about a buy now / unlock later plan. I've seen some threads musing that Tesla can't unlock the range, not because of technical issues obviously but because the Federal government wouldn't allow it.

There is zero truth to the government not allowing them to upgrade the range after purchase. Tesla has made this choice as a business decision. They could have created a SR- and still allowed the US spec SR but that would make the US Spec SR too attractive. This is all about margins.