Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Standard Range (Canada) Range: 150km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes zero sense, think about what you are saying? I'm sure Tesla would love to take a $5k option and unlock an SR- to an SR, this has nothing to do with Tesla. The cost of the SR- and SR is the same

I think those saying that this model makes Tesla look greedy argue that they could have chosen to lock it at 350 km (roughly analogous to the US SR), but instead locked it at 150 km in a deliberate attempt to not sell any of the locked ones and sell more of the SR+.

That makes zero sense, think about what you are saying? I'm sure Tesla would love to take a $5k option and unlock an SR- to an SR, this has nothing to do with Tesla. The cost of the SR- and SR is the same

I think those saying that this model makes Tesla look greedy argue that they could have chosen to lock it at 350 km (roughly analogous to the US SR), but instead locked it at 150 km in a deliberate attempt to not sell any of the locked ones and sell more of the SR+.

I think the bigger reason why we dont see an SR- (150 km) + SR (US) + SR+ in Canada is the government would never allow that since the SR- and SR(US) are the same car, that would be simply a loophole to allow people to by a 47k car and still qualify for the rebate. The government is preventing Tesla from doing exactly that by saying no software upgrade path for the SR- should be allowed.

I wonder if they will allow the full 150km no matter the driving style/conditions? That would be great if you could get 150km even in winter
Chance of that is approximately 0....that would mean unlocking more battery capacity as a function of temperature and driving style. No way they will invest the software work to make those algorithms.

150km in winter will effectively mean you have an 90% SR+ since range can drop by up to 50% if you crank the heat, drive aggressively, and make short trips that constantly heat/cool the interior (my wife drives 5km to the go train daily and her bolt drops to around 220km range in the winter due to this).

I think the bigger reason why we dont see an SR- (150 km) + SR (US) + SR+ in Canada is the government would never allow that since the SR- and SR(US) are the same car, that would be simply a loophole to allow people to by a 47k car and still qualify for the rebate. The government is preventing Tesla from doing exactly that by saying no software upgrade path for the SR- should be allowed.
And remember that the SR originally was going to be 46k.

Reactions: 88dleung
I figure it could make sense for someone out there... I’ve been fine with my leaf on 150km do the Tesla is basically a luxury version of that..

One cool thing could be if they lock the voltage range so that you can supercharge to 100% without a taper.
i think charging wont be a problem, they may just have a setting to make the actual 40% ish charging capacity showing to be 100% but in fact its like charging from 0-43% which should be way faster be complete. i am having a 220v install in my garage should take less then 3 hours (32mile/h?), pretty good if you not travel too far.

i have my delivery date set on Jun 5th at Vancouver. today morning called customer service trying to figure out my interior configure with no result. when i initially ordered it, sales told me its partial premium but without led fog and heated seats in front, on the agreement was showing partial premium and now after the vin showed up it changed to standard interior. however after that i tried online chat, Agent pulled out my vin number and confirmed its partial premium interior. now peace in mind.

• Informative
Reactions: fidodido
i have my delivery date set on Jun 5th at Vancouver. today morning called customer service trying to figure out my interior configure with no result. when i initially ordered it, sales told me its partial premium but without led fog and heated seats in front, on the agreement was showing partial premium and now after the vin showed up it changed to standard interior. however after that i tried online chat, Agent pulled out my vin number and confirmed its partial premium interior. now peace in mind.

Please keep us updated. I think people are interested to know what Tesla will deliver as SR "-".

Help me understand

if you buy the basic 150km range model, you qualify for the $5,000 federal government rebate, but you can't unlock range to a higher level
if you buy any of the more expensive ones with good range, you don't get the $5,000 federal government rebate

Have I got that right? So by issuing that 150km range car, Tesla is basically getting the entry level super restricted model 3 on the rebate list, even though (virtually) nobody will order it.

What's the point?

if you buy the basic 150km range model, you qualify for the $5,000 federal government rebate, but you can't unlock range to a higher level
if you buy any of the more expensive ones with good range, you don't get the $5,000 federal government rebate

Have I got that right? So by issuing that 150km range car, Tesla is basically getting the entry level super restricted model 3 on the rebate list, even though (virtually) nobody will order it.

What's the point?

No by having the SR-, locked to 150 km, the SR+ qualifies for the $5k rebate. I don't understand why they wouldn't allow the SR- to be unlocked, but whatever.

The LR RWD, LR AWD, and LR Performance do not qualify for the rebate.