Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 stuck on charge status screen while charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my car to the Fort Worth, TX, service center last week to get an AC vent problem repaired. While there, they took another look at this "stuck on charging screen" issue and it's fixed now. Looks like a seat sensor was replaced, see below.
Tesla Display Repair.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Just got my 2021 car back after sitting at the Tesla SC for numerous repairs, one of which was a replacement driver seat bottom cushion(small tear on delivery). FYI this car was delivered on 09/30 and hadn’t been operable until now (11/05). Observed this same behavior on the drive home upon arriving at the supercharger. When I plugged in car and got inside, the entire screen displayed the charging status; there was no way to access any of the other menu options without opening the driver door. So now I need to have mobile service come and replace a seat sensor?

Attachments

• A3C85AB3-059F-48DD-9E5E-4175548D7702.jpeg
    A3C85AB3-059F-48DD-9E5E-4175548D7702.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 51
Stuck on the charge status screen while charging.

I have discovered if.., after plugging in the charging cable then triggering the door lock via the screen BEFORE closing the door the problem goes away. This has not always been the case for me. Normally, I was able to access all of the screen features regardless if the doors were locked or unlocked while charging.

Does this work for anyone else having this issue?
Yes, works for me. Thanks