Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 suddenly lost EAP Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair: with all the misinformation that’s been known to happen I’m not so sure I would chalk it up to malice.
That and *most* people don't understand that there is a difference between "Enhanced Autopilot" and "Autopilot" and that some of the things which were in Enhanced Autopilot are now part of FSD.

I remember back when the switch happened and lots of people wondered why they didn't have auto-lane-change or NoA because they just assume that it EAP and AP were the same things.

I still stand by that it's not physically possible to have a SR+ with EAP. That configuration was never offered on or off menu. I believe it possible that some sales person said the words "Enhanced Autopilot" to OP, but there's no way they have a purchase agreement or Monroney sticker that shows they purchased EAP on an SR+ (and that's the only legally binding anything that matters).

It's super easy for anyone that claims otherwise to show their MVPA and/or Monroney sticker that has EAP listed for an SR+ to prove me wrong.

We are a pretty small subset of people vs overall Tesla Model 3 owners so it may be possible for someone to have specced EAP onto an SR/+ before it was removed from the menu entirely. At the same time however there was also a narrow window where EAP purchases were turned into FSD for no added cost.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
still stand by that it's not physically possible to have a SR+ with EAP.

You are wrong. It was added to my SR+ (purchased/delivered 3/30/19). I had NoA (scary, needs work), Summon (slooooowwww), and auto park (just as slow as summon). Tesla even acknowledge the change order that was executed to add EAP. I thought it was all part of AP. Only learned weeks later it was park of EAP.

I had stopped all using these features by June after too many close calls with auto lane changes. After that I could enjoy the ride instead of being "poised" to intervene in a seconds notice.

You are wrong. It was added to my SR+ (purchased/delivered 3/30/19).... Tesla even acknowledge the change order that was executed to add EAP.
pics or it didn't happen. If it was delivered with it (and you paid for it), then it has to be on your MVPA, or the Monroney sticker.

If you didn't pay for it, then, like the others, your car was given those abilities - likely because it was not sold prior to being delivered to the delivery center so they would be active for any test drives that could occur (and they they didn't deactivate until later).

pics or it didn't happen. If it was delivered with it (and you paid for it), then it has to be on your MVPA, or the Monroney sticker.

If you didn't pay for it, then, like the others, your car was given those abilities - likely because it was not sold prior to being delivered to the delivery center so they would be active for any test drives that could occur (and they they didn't deactivate until later).

I could care less if you believe me or not because i didn't post the videos rather than taking my word. and as I stated, but you didn't seem to pick up on, was i didn't have EAP when i picked up my car. I wasn't until later the next day.

We are a pretty small subset of people vs overall Tesla Model 3 owners so it may be possible for someone to have specced EAP onto an SR/+ before it was removed from the menu entirely.

I don't think that was ever possible.

Tesla introduced the SR/SR+ at the same time they killed off selling EAP.

New Price Structure For All Tesla Model 3 Versions | CleanTechnica

So the earliest date you could have configed an SR or SR+, EAP was already no longer available.

(and of course it'd be another 2-3 months before they actually began delivering any of those cars)

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110