Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Sunshade! YES!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's insanely overpriced but we got a Model 3 SUNSHADE: Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade

I just wish it was solid and what about the rear glass roof?

I live in Phoenix and test drove a Model S with a glass roof on a 110 degree day. Neither my brother-in-law nor I could feel the heat from the sun. I was absolutely blown away. I would imagine that the Model 3 would be the same.

It would be interesting to see if any Model S owners get an degree of sunburn or sun tan?

Reactions: DrivingRockies
I live in Phoenix and test drove a Model S with a glass roof on a 110 degree day. Neither my brother-in-law nor I could feel the heat from the sun. I was absolutely blown away. I would imagine that the Model 3 would be the same.

It would be interesting to see if any Model S owners get an degree of sunburn or sun tan?

Not really the heat but I notice the sunlight beaming down. Had a similar experience in my X and S loaners

Reactions: EValuatED

That's good to hear. I live in the part of CA with even more extreme temps than Phoenix (mostly at the colder end, heat is probably similar). Really nervous about the glass roof. Especially since my tint guy, who tinted the prototypes, said he couldn't do it with just one piece.

I see a feature transplant business popping up!
Just be sure one side isn't Abby Normal. :)

14249877924741.jpg

Is there a technique for getting the clips back on?

One of them popped out when I was removing the screen and I'm not sure how to fix it (tried the obvious way by attempting to force it back, but didn't work) :(

I thought the roof would be a big problem, sun loading and heat with the black interior. Thought I'd get the car and drive it for a few months and see. I have 0 problems with heat or sun loading. I'm in NorCal though, maybe in Scottsdale it would be a problem. It's dark enough I don't even notice it being there. Every once in a while I'll glance up and go whoa..

Reactions: Jivas
So I must be slow because I can't figure it out, but do we only need 1 of these? I am trying to find pictures of the glass roof and from what I remember its split into two sections, so I assumed you would need 2? Or am I mistaken? It does say "1 x front glass roof sunshade" on it not back glass.

Would purchasing two solve the problem? I am curious if it can be used on the front and read glass roof.
The Model 3 glass roof sunshade only fits the middle roof/window (i.e. the smallest one directly above the driver's/front seat passenger's heads). It will not fit the front windshield or the large back window.

There are many aftermarket front windshield sunshades available currently.