Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tan Interior

Tan or no Tan that is the Question?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for a used Model 3 Performance and came across an interesting one for sale with tan interior. I have never seen a model 3 like this and thought I would share it. This person spend a lot of money converting the interior to tan and adding a woodgrain finish on the dash. Not my style but interesting. What do you guys think?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: JaeTheDev
From the kits I have seen for sale in these alternate colors, I wouldn’t say he spent “a lot” of money.

He didn’t even do the door panels, which is definitely cheaping out.

And the wood covering is also cheap and easy, and it looks absolutely horrid.

Reactions: Mr X
Well, it's certainly unique.

I don't have a problem with wood trim, done tastefully. I also don't have a problem with leather interiors, done tastefully.

This Model 3 is neither.

Here's a photo from my last vehicle, a Cadillac XT5 Platinum edition. Wood accents in the door and dash but not overwhelming. Tan interior, but much nicer than the orange in that Model 3. Alcantara finish on the front of the dash and full headliner, as well.

Thought it was a very nicely appointed interior.... I do kinda miss it with the starkness of the Model 3. Realize the Caddy look isn't for everyone, but it was nice in my eyes. :) (The red bow was a dealership accessory from the day I bought it... LOL)

3AEF2F43-5246-43EB-930A-5D0257506707.jpeg

Well, it's certainly unique.

I don't have a problem with wood trim, done tastefully. I also don't have a problem with leather interiors, done tastefully.

This Model 3 is neither.

Here's a photo from my last vehicle, a Cadillac XT5 Platinum edition. Wood accents in the door and dash but not overwhelming. Tan interior, but much nicer than the orange in that Model 3. Alcantara finish on the front of the dash and full headliner, as well.

Thought it was a very nicely appointed interior.... I do kinda miss it with the starkness of the Model 3. Realize the Caddy look isn't for everyone, but it was nice in my eyes. :) (The red bow was a dealership accessory from the day I bought it... LOL)

View attachment 637720

Tan interiors can work but it has to fit the car type. A big luxury SUV or highway cruiser like this Caddy or the new Model S could work, but I don't think it's fits the Model 3 small sport sedan.

The Lexus LC500 with tan interior... work of art.
lcconnewstoyota5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dmurphy
Im all for tan interiors. I would have ordered my car with one if it was available but the OP photo is a bit wonk. Its not the best shade for the seats and the wood is not the right tone either. I also dont think additional wood look on the center console is needed.