Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL 3 TILTING TO ONE SIDE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ctapiam3

@PLAIDTESLA FIND ME ON IG
Jan 21, 2019
Miami, FL
Hello fam,

so i hit a bad pothole the other day and my car feels as though it is tilted towards the front passenger side. i took it to service and all they told me was that they cant take a look because of my aftermarket springs and that would void warranty.
i did have a bent rim but on the driver side. my new wheels come in today hopefully that is the issue. if it is not, what can be causing this slight tilt in driving?

Chances are that it's the wheel alignment. Aftermarket springs or not: a pothole and the subsequent damage are not a manufacturing defect, so this kind of work is never covered by the warranty.
Have the damaged wheel replaced and see if the steering wheel is perfectly centered on a straight road. Try both directions, wind can be a bitch. If it's still not right, get the wheels aligned as soon as possible to avoid uneven tread wear and lower efficiency.
Good luck, I hope it's just the wheel :)

Reactions: ctapiam3
If you can't spot the problem, take it to a professional. Asking strangers on the internet, without including at least a few photos, is a futile effort. You might try a locally trusted 3rd party tire store for instance - maybe ask on your local tesla facebook page if you have one for shops that people use. Around here Discount Tire has a good rep working with teslas, and they can do alignments.

Hello fam,

so i hit a bad pothole the other day and my car feels as though it is tilted towards the front passenger side. i took it to service and all they told me was that they cant take a look because of my aftermarket springs and that would void warranty.
i did have a bent rim but on the driver side. my new wheels come in today hopefully that is the issue. if it is not, what can be causing this slight tilt in driving?
Take it to the place that installed your springs.

1. measure ground to fender lip.
2. did the tire lose pressure after hitting the pothole?
3. no way in hell the control arm or tie-rod is bent.
4. is the spring intact?
5. shock tower damage from hitting a pothole is almost impossible but who knows?

• Helpful
Reactions: ctapiam3