Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tire Pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I'm having trouble even seeing the pressure. I understand it should be one of the cards with the trip computer, and rear view camera, but my tire pressure card just shows a basic picture of the car with no tire pressure info (psi or bars)

In response to Consumer Reports, Elon (tweeted) said that, "to improve ride" drop the air to 39 psi. Anyone tried that yet?

It wasn't just a tweet, when I was at the SC recently they added a line item of setting the tire pressure to 42 lbs. as something to do to ALL cars coming into the center. Oddly, the car came from the DC with ~42 lbs of pressure, now that I visited the SC where they claimed to be setting it to what is almost already was, it now reads 45 lbs when I drive. I don't find it at all uncomfortable, each tire is much closer to one number than the car had from the factory, and I would like the best range I can get, so no complaints...

-Randy

ok, really newb question here: having driven nothing but ancient cars, never used a TPMS system before. Do I need to do anything special to check the air with a standard air gauge? Do I need to take off a cap prior to bleeding/filling w/air? (sorry but don't want to screw up my beautiful M3.)

Here is the complete tire pressure specification from Tesla including the 20" performance wheels.
Don't forget to increase your pressure to 44 psi wheel driving at sustained speeds above 136 mph :cool:

Model 3 tires and wheels specs .png

Here is the complete tire pressure specification from Tesla including the 20" performance wheels.
Don't forget to increase your pressure to 44 psi wheel driving at sustained speeds above 136 mph :cool:

View attachment 308419

I'm glad you like my screenshot. I couldn't get the rest of the 20" info on the screen at one time without doing a lot of editing so I picked a zoom level that was a compromise between getting it all on the same image and making the text large enough to read easily.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy
I lowered the pressure from 44psi to 39 psi, per Elon's tweet recommendation and it made a big difference in road noise reduction. Love it! Elon did say that it would impact economy, but the ride is soooo much better, I don't care.

BTW, I picked up my M3 in early May'18.

View attachment 308419

Good explanations about this theme I never thought it was so important.
Is the tire pressure the same when we go to 20” aftermarket wheels wider and with wider tires?
I ordered 20” 9.5” wide and tires 245/35R20, although my reservation will arrive here in Europe only in 2019. What should be the recommended tire pressure?
For my current car, BMW recommended increase pressure from 22 bar to 24 bar when I chosen 20” 245/35 instead of 19” 245/40.

Hey guys, I'm having trouble even seeing the pressure. I understand it should be one of the cards with the trip computer, and rear view camera, but my tire pressure card just shows a basic picture of the car with no tire pressure info (psi or bars)
This may be too late to answer your question but the tire pressure readings are visible a little while after the car is moving.

My car was delivered with the tire pressures ~48psi (hot). There was a TPMS error message after driving off the delivery lot and I performed the reset procedure (the driver side front tire was not registering). That corrected that error. I recently lowered the tire pressures to 42 (hot) but throughout I still have the yellow tire pressure warning icon on the display.

ok, really newb question here: having driven nothing but ancient cars, never used a TPMS system before. Do I need to do anything special to check the air with a standard air gauge? Do I need to take off a cap prior to bleeding/filling w/air? (sorry but don't want to screw up my beautiful M3.)
Nope, should be able to just check it like every other tire