Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Towing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In its box (decision based upon not opening the box as I wanted an easy return), it was huge in relation to our then current Passat Estate boot so, without having a car to check against, I guess it would be marginal at best in it fitting inside a Model 3 boot and just wanted to be sure. The ergonomics, such as storing, the EasyFold was, and is, much better. So it was the right change for us.
Ah ok, I understand now. Many thanks for the reply. Much appreciated

Reactions: MrBadger
It was a running change that seems to have made it to all variants. I believe that the running change occurred after initial UK bound Model 3's shipped (it was first noticed with first deliveries of the tow hitch around Aug last year), so it is possible that early UK Model 3's may not have the panel.

FYI - there's a brief write-up here of a trip I did in January to Germany towing a 1 tonne trailer. I did the same journey at the end of May, but pulling the trailer back from Germany rather than taking it there. Again, a painless exercise. 350 Wh/mile this time in the warm and dry! On one stretch of about 120 miles I was seeing 320 Wh/mile - quite astonishing.

Hi all,

Thought i'd resurrect an old post.

Does anybody have any experience of using the tow hitch with bike racks, storage boxes or small trailers?

Some photos and recommended items would be good. Also how much range reduction these cause.

Have you checked out this post?

Tesla Model 3 UK Manual Towbar Accessory Limit of 55Kgs

As you will see if you read through the post, 55Kg limit for any accessory that doesn't use its own wheels.

Okay thanks very much, so what you're saying is whether your M3 has a tow bar fitted, or not, all cars have the detachable panel.
Maybe, but be aware that the tow hitch socket and wiring loom/connections may not be there - I was told by my SC that this is only factory fitted, not retrospectively. My car has the Tesla tow & all the relevant information appears on screen both before and after connecting a trailer.