Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Vs Corvette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded my C7 Grand Sport for an M3P+. The M3P will destroy it from 0-60. The C7 is rated at 3.7 sec 0-60 but most will never really see that in the real world do to tire spin and traction control kicking in. The best I could get with the built-in timer was 4.2 sec. The C6 is rated at 4.3 sec 0-60, which means more like 4.7 or so real world.

Now, if you keep racing the C7 corvettes will start to making up some ground on the M3P once they hit about about 90-100 but the M3P still crosses the 1/4 mile at 11.7 consistently, where the C7 Corvette will do 12.2 sec. The Z06 or Camaro ZL1 is a better race for the M3P.

I traded my C7 Grand Sport for an M3P+. The M3P will destroy it from 0-60. The C7 is rated at 3.7 sec 0-60 but most will never really see that in the real world do to tire spin and traction control kicking in. The best I could get with the built-in timer was 4.2 sec. The C6 is rated at 4.3 sec 0-60, which means more like 4.7 or so real world.

Now, if you keep racing the C7 corvettes will start to making up some ground on the M3P once they hit about about 90-100 but the M3P still crosses the 1/4 mile at 11.7 consistently, where the C7 Corvette will do 12.2 sec. The Z06 or Camaro ZL1 is a better race for the M3P.

Do you miss it? I currently have a 2014 C7 Z51 M7 with an A&A supercharger making 617rwhp.... kinda bored of it and considering buying a P3D+. My wife thinks I’ll regret it

Do you miss it? I currently have a 2014 C7 Z51 M7 with an A&A supercharger making 617rwhp.... kinda bored of it and considering buying a P3D+. My wife thinks I’ll regret it

Nothing can replace the experience of top down, rowing your own gears and listening to the NPP exhaust but I don’t really miss it. The Tesla seems to entertain in other ways. Even with the supercharger you will not miss the power if you get an M3P+. The instant torque and lack of transmission never seem to get old and the quick and quiet way it accelerates makes all ICE based vehicles seem archaic. The M3P+ is also easier to live with and handles pretty good. It will pull .95g on the skid pad, which is plenty for the street.

If you can afford both the Corvette would still be fun to have for that Sunday drive but the Tesla is the better choice the other 90% of the time.

The C8 will not be as fast as his P100D. That’s based on Chevy’s own published announcement numbers.
I didn't say faster, I said better, as in interior quality, and they're just overall better, because they're newer.

Sure, new vets are always incremtaly better, but not by much. All ICE feels now feels, sounds and performs "old".
Seriously? Have you sat in a C5, vs. C6, vs. C7? C7 is worlds better. The C8 will be on another level as well.

Hell, when I bought a 2015 Cadillac ATS it made my 2009 G8 GXP feel like a fossil.

Reactions: Phlier
Nothing can replace the experience of top down, rowing your own gears and listening to the NPP exhaust but I don’t really miss it. The Tesla seems to entertain in other ways. Even with the supercharger you will not miss the power if you get an M3P+. The instant torque and lack of transmission never seem to get old and the quick and quiet way it accelerates makes all ICE based vehicles seem archaic. The M3P+ is also easier to live with and handles pretty good. It will pull .95g on the skid pad, which is plenty for the street.

If you can afford both the Corvette would still be fun to have for that Sunday drive but the Tesla is the better choice the other 90% of the time.
Agreed. Instant torque and a peaceful ride is a surprisingly decent tradeoff for gears and a nice exhaust note.

Agreed. Instant torque and a peaceful ride is a surprisingly decent tradeoff for gears and a nice exhaust note.

After a few years driving an electric, "a nice exhaust note" becomes an oxymoron. When higher performance is silent, why would anyone want to hear obnoxious rattle trap noise?
Agree to disagree, I still love the sound of an American V8.